- I get the following error message on my device when I try to log in using Duo.
- I don't have my device with me to log in to my Gmail.
- When I try to log in to my application, I don't receive any push notification on my device.
- I just got a new replacement phone. How do I set it up in Duo?
This message means that your device is not currently connected to the Internet; your device needs to be connected to the Internet to receive notifications.
To correct this and log in to your application, perform the following:
Tap OK in the error message on your device.
Click Cancel in the message displayed at the bottom of the Duo screen.
Click on the X in the next message displayed at the bottom of the Duo screen.
From Settings on your device, connect to an available wireless network (e.g., SaxaNet). (Note: If you don't have access to the Internet, you can authenticate by using the option to obtain a passcode.)
In the Duo screen on your computer (on which you want to access your GU application), click Send me a Push.
Wait for the Duo notification to be displayed on your device, and then tap on the notification.
Tap Approve from the Duo Mobile app to complete the authentication. (Note: Tap Approve again if promted to do so.) You should now be logged in to your application.
If you don't have your device, and you previously added/registered another device to your Georgetown Duo account, you can log in using that other device.
Note: If you've registered only the single device, contact the Service Center (202-687-4949; 855-4949; firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
To switch to your other device, perform the following:
- Go to the login page of the application (e.g., Georgetown Google Apps) that you want to access.
- Enter your NetID and password, and then enter your NetID and password again on the Georgetown login page. The Duo screen will be displayed.
- Click on the Device drop-down list to display your list of registered devices, as shown in the example below.
- If you have at least one other device listed, select that device.
- Click Send me a Push to proceed with the authentication process. (Note: If the device you switched to is a landline, select Call Me.)
If you're not receiving push notifications, you might not have notifications turned on for the Duo Mobile app on your device.
To turn on Duo notifications for your device, perform the following:
- Tap Settings.
- In the "Settings" screen, tap Notifications.
- Tap on the Duo Mobile listing.
- In the "Duo Mobile" screen, move the slider next to Allow Notifications to turn on notifications.
- Tap Settings.
- In the "Settings" screen, tap on Applications.
- In the "Applications" screen, tap on Application Manager.
- In the "Application Manager" screen, locate the Duo Mobile app listing, and then tap on that listing.
- In the "Duo Mobile" screen, tap on Notifications.
- In the "Application notifications" screen, move the sliders next to Allow notifications and Previews in pop-ups to turn on notifications.
If you obtained a new device, such as the latest model iPhone, that replaces another device you owned and that you previously registered in your Duo account, and if the replacement device has the same phone number as the older device, then you’ll need to reactivate the new device.