- I get a "No Internet Connection" error message on my device when I try to log in using Duo.
- I don't have my device with me to log in to my Gmail.
- I don't have my device with me and I'm traveling.
- When I try to log in to my application, I don't receive any push notification on my device.
- I just got a new replacement phone. How do I set it up in Duo?
- I don't have access to the Internet and need to access my GU application.
- I'm having trouble logging in to a legacy application.
This message means that your device is not currently connected to the Internet; your device needs to be connected to the Internet to receive notifications.
To correct this and log in to your application, perform the following:
Tap OK in the error message on your device.
Click Cancel in the message displayed at the bottom of the Duo screen.
Click Dismiss in the next message displayed at the bottom of the Duo screen.
From Settings on your device, connect to an available wireless network (e.g., SaxaNet). (Note: If you don't have access to the Internet, you can authenticate by using the option to obtain a passcode.)
In the Duo screen on your computer (on which you want to access your GU application), click Send me a Push.
Wait for the Duo notification to be displayed on your device, and then tap on the notification.
Tap Approve from the Duo Mobile app to complete the authentication. (Note: Tap Approve again if promted to do so.) You should now be logged in to your application.
If you don't have your device, and you previously added/registered another device to your Georgetown Duo account, you can log in using that other device.
Note: If you've registered only the single device, contact the Service Center (202-687-4949; 855-4949; email@example.com) for assistance.
If you don't have your device and you're away, you can log in to Duo by entering a passcode.
- Open the login page of the application (e.g., Gmail, GMS) you want to log in to.
- Enter your NetID and password when prompted.
- On the Duo authentication screen, click Enter a Passcode. (Note: If you have Duo set up to perform Send Me a Push automatically, just click Dismiss, and then click Enter a Passcode.)
- On the Duo authentication screen, enter the last 9 digits of the number on the back of your GOCard. You can locate the number as shown in the example below.
Note: If this number isn't printed on your GOCard, contact the Service Center at 855-687-4949 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get a passcode.
- Click Log In. Duo will log you in to your application.
If you're not receiving push notifications, you might not have notifications turned on for the Duo Mobile app on your device.
To turn on Duo notifications for your device, perform the following:
- Tap Settings.
- In the "Settings" screen, tap Notifications.
- Tap on the Duo Mobile listing.
- In the "Duo Mobile" screen, move the slider next to Allow Notifications to turn on notifications.
- Tap Settings.
- In the "Settings" screen, tap on Applications.
- In the "Applications" screen, tap on Application Manager.
- In the "Application Manager" screen, locate the Duo Mobile app listing, and then tap on that listing.
- In the "Duo Mobile" screen, tap on Notifications.
- In the "Application notifications" screen, move the sliders next to Allow notifications and Previews in pop-ups to turn on notifications.
If you obtained a new device, such as the latest model iPhone, that replaces another device you owned and that you previously registered in your Duo account, and if the replacement device has the same phone number as the older device, then you’ll need to reactivate the new device.
If you don't have access to the Internet, you can generate a temporary passcode in Duo in order to authenticate.
With a legacy application, such as MyAccess and the Eventspace Room/Space Reservation System, you will not see the standard GU login page, and Duo will not be displayed on your computer when you enter your credentials (you'll have to check your device for a Duo notification). If you cannot authenticate to one of these GU legacy applications, you can use as a temporary workaround what's called a "complex login".
To authenticate using a complex login, enter the following in the password field (no spaces): your NetID password, a comma, and then the last 9 digits of the number on the back of your GOCard.
Note: If you don't have your GOCard or mobile device with you, contact the Service Center at 202-687-4949 for assistance.