GU Google Apps
Georgetown brings the power of Google to your fingertips. Georgetown Google Apps accounts come with most of the apps (see list below) that are included with a personal Google account, so you can do pretty much anything in your Georgetown Google Apps account that you can in a personal Google account.
- Sign in
- Google Apps Features
- Firstname.Lastname E-mail Address
- Accessing Google Apps with Chrome
- Setting Up Google Apps on Your Mobile Device
- Getting Help with Google Apps
Is the sign in form missing?
If so, then your Gmail/Google Apps session is still active! Return to it by clicking here. If you continue experiencing problems signing in, restart your browser then revisit this page.
With Georgetown Google Apps, you can:
- Send and receive email
- Set up calendar appointments and personal reminders
- View other peoples’ Google calendars
- Maintain a list of your favorite contacts
- Surf the Web
- Chat with classmates and colleagues
- Create documents (text, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms)
- Upload and share documents to the cloud
- Conduct virtual meetings
You can also easily connect to your Georgetown Google Apps account using your smartphone (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone) or tablet (iPad). Just click here for details and instructions on using Georgetown Google Apps with your mobile device.
Faculty and staff have the option to use a firstname.lastname e-mail address in addition to, or instead of your NetID email address. To claim your first name.last name email:
Ensure that your Preferred Name in GMS appears as you want your e-mail address to be.
Go to the firstname.lastname e-mail address claim page to claim your email@example.com e-mail address.
Google Chrome is optimized for viewing Georgetown Google Apps. If you use a Georgetown secure computer, follow these steps to start using Chrome. Otherwise, visit the Google Chrome Web page to download Chrome if it is not already installed on your computer.
Georgetown Google Apps can also be viewed from other Web browsers. You may need to use other Web browsers for other GU applications.
Note: UIS strongly recommends that you use the Gmail and Google Calendar apps to access your mail and calendar. The apps are available in the App Store and Google Play for iPhone/iPad and Android devices, respectively.
- Setting Up Google Apps on iPhone
- Setting Up Google Apps on Android
- See Google Contacts on Your Mobile Device