The Educational Technologies (EdTech) group is a unit within the UIS Enterprise Applications team.
EdTech supports the university’s core mission of teaching, learning, and research by way of administering and supporting enterprise-level academic computing systems, tools and services.
As part of these efforts, EdTech partners with the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS), Lauinger Library, and other university departments and service providers.
Additional EdTech Duties:
- Provide training and support opportunities for supported EdTech systems, tools and services for all current Main Campus, Law Center and Medical Center faculty and staff.
- Help deans, chairs, and other staff who need administrative access to enterprise academic teaching and learning tools for their programs.
- Support the university’s instructional continuity needs.
- Incorporate authentication middleware technologies in services to provide secure, interoperable, and robust solutions for new learning environments.
- Integrate LTI, external, or third-party tools and apps in Canvas. Integrated tools can be used in individual courses, across courses in a particular school or department, or for all courses in Canvas; but they must first be configured by Georgetown Canvas admins.
You can contact the Educational Technologies group at firstname.lastname@example.org