New to Georgetown?
Welcome to Georgetown University! A wealth of technology services and resources is available to you. Here are just a few tips to get you started.
Where to go for questions and assistance for your respective campus.
NetID and Password
- Find your NetID by looking yourself up in the Georgetown University Directory.
- Contact the Georgetown Service Center for the default password.
- Change your password using Georgetown’s NetID Password Management System.
- GOCard: The GOCard is the official university identification card providing door access and enabling debit payments. Pick up your GOCard at the Leavey Center bookstore.
- Review your contact information: Go to the Georgetown University Directory to review your directory listing. If information is missing or incorrect, contact the HR Generalist for your department, who can make changes to your title, phone extension, and office location.
Learn more about what activities are monitored and enforced and access tools to help you secure your computer via anti-virus software, firewalls, updates, etc.
- Computer Acceptable Use Policy: Find out more about Georgetown’s computer use policy, by which all faculty, students, and staff are bound.
- Where to Download Music, Movies, and Software Legally: Resources for legally obtaining your favorite downloads of online content.