Help and Training
Looking for some help? We've got lots of resources.
There are a number of ways you can get help:
- Georgetown University Service Center. The GU Service Center (Monday-Friday, 7AM-8PM ET; emergency support only, after hours) can assist you with many technology-related issues. Contact the GU Service Center via email or phone, or submit a help request by going to help.georgetown.edu.
- UIS Service Desks. The UIS Service Desks offer walk-up technology assistance if you’re on campus. The Service Desks are located in the Leavey bookstore (by the GOCard Office) and on the 3rd floor of Lauinger Library. Click here to view Service Desks hours during the fall and spring semesters.
- UIS knowledge base. Search our extensive library of technology-related articles, which has answers to many common problems.
There are many free technology training opportunities to you around campus and online. Among the opportunities available to you are:
- Lauinger Library multimedia workshops. Free workshops that include film, Web design, and video editing/production.
- UIS training workshops. Online training for commonly-used applications, as well as for some administrative applications.
- Educational Technology workshops. Online trainings include Canvas, Lecture Capture, and Instructional Continuity tools.
- Linked In Learning (formerly Lynda.com). Offers hundreds of free, Web-based training courses you can take at any time.