Help and Training
Looking for some help? We've got lots of resources.
Welcome to Georgetown University! A wealth of technology services and resources are available to you.
There are a number of ways you can get help:
- Georgetown University Service Center. The GU Service Center (Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM ET; emergency support only, after hours) can assist you with many technology-related issues. Contact the GU Service Center via email, or submit a help request by visiting help.georgetown.edu.
- UIS Service Desk. The UIS Service Desk offers walk-up technology assistance if you’re on campus. The Service Desks are located in the Leavey bookstore (by the GOCard Office) and on the 3rd floor of Lauinger Library. View the UIS Service Desk hours of operation during the fall and spring semesters.
- UIS Knowledge Base. Search our extensive library of technology-related articles, which has answers to many common problems.
There are many free technology training opportunities available on-campus and online. Training classes are open, at no cost, to all current Main Campus, Law Center and Medical Center faculty, staff and degree-seeking students, as well as to MedStar faculty.
Among the opportunities available to you are:
- UIS Training Courses – Online courses include Wordpress, website design and accessibility for Faculty, Deans and Advisors.
- UIS Educational Technology Training – Online office hours include support for Canvas, Panopto, Zoom, Turnitin, VoiceThread and other Instructional Continuity tools.
- CNDLS Instructional Continuity Office Hours – Online office hours by appointment only. Please “ring the doorbell” and we’ll be alerted to your question. We will respond within the business day.
- GMS Training / Tips & Tricks – Online workshops that include how to run, navigate and filter the Budget to Actuals report (BAR Summary); Walkthroughs of the GMS COA Request Form; Requisitions; Journal Processing; Contracts; Budget to Actuals Summary; Grants and more!
- Box to EFS – Moving from EFS to Box? We can help you with the move. If you need Box training, just send your request to email@example.com.
- GUMC Instructional Technology Workshops (Dahlgren Memorial Library) – Online Instructional technology workshops for GUMC / MGUH faculty and staff include Zoom, Canvas, Panopto, Poll Everywhere, Google Jamboard, and VoiceThread.
- GU360 Training – Online or in-person training courses on GUFaculty360.
- Law Center Instructional Technology Training – Online group training sessions on topics relating to Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto. Also available for 1-on-1 consultations.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) – Hundreds of instructional videos on a wide range of topics, such as Web and mobile application development, Web design and production, multimedia, business and productivity software, social media, computer networking, and many more.
If you have any questions about technology training, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org