Dr. Robert Clarke, Dean For Research gave a talk about the Georgetown University science history.
The Research Technologies team advocates for the research community. We help Georgetown’s research community—on the Main and Medical Center campuses—implement strategies and projects in a number of areas, including:
- Research collaboration
- Grants and contracts
- Advanced research computing
- Research regulatory and compliance administrative systems
- Virtual servers
- Cloud-based computing and storage
We help researchers coordinate with appropriate UIS departments for optimal delivery of services tailored to individual research requirements, with a clear point of contact for all research technology needs.
Custom Scientific Instrumentation and Device Support:
- Provide custom scientific instrumentation fabrication and support not available in the marketplace, e.g., instruments and support for Dr. Mark Burns’ grant: “The Role of apoE and APOE Genotype in Amyloid-beta Clearance After TBI.”
- Senior Electronics Engineer for the Department of Chemistry, including novel fabrication of advanced instrumentation, and oversight, repair, and maintenance of Chemistry workstation PCs and equipment.
- Key personnel for Dr. Marc Burns new Neuroscience R-01 NIH grant and for Shock, Trauma, and Anesthesiology Research Lab at University of Maryland