LastPass Password Manager
NOTE: As of April 2020, Georgetown has expired its offering of Premium LastPass accounts. (LastPass Free accounts are still available.) Click here for information on how this change affects anyone who created a LastPass account with their GU email address.
What is LastPass?
LastPass is a secure password manager that remembers your online account passwords so you don’t have to. Save a site to LastPass with just a few clicks, and LastPass will automatically fill in the credentials for you when you next need to log in to that site.
Why Should I Sign Up for LastPass?
There are many reasons why you should consider signing up for LastPass.
- Convenient. You only need to remember one master password to access all your online accounts—LastPass remembers all your account passwords for you.
- Secure. LastPass encrypts all your passwords. LastPass never has the key to your encrypted data, so your information is available to you, and only you. Your vault is encrypted with bank-level, AES 256-bit encryption.
- Device and Platform Independent. You can use your account passwords on any platform or device—Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and on the Web (LastPass Web site).
- Changes Synced. Any changes you make to account passwords are synced to each device and platform on which you have LastPass installed. So if you change an account password on your Mac, LastPass will sync your change on your iPhone.
- Widely Used. LastPass is used by many organizations, including higher education institutions, corporations, and non-profits, as well by millions of individuals.
- Free. You can create a LastPass account at no cost.