Technology training opportunities are abound at Georgetown. Sign up for an instructor-led or self-paced online classes, or take an online workshop at your leisure. All levels of training are available, from basic to advanced.
Training classes are open, at no cost, to all current Main Campus, Law Center and Medical Center faculty, staff and degree-seeking students, as well as to MedStar faculty.
If you have any questions about technology training, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UIS Training Courses – Online courses include Wordpress, website design and accessibility for Faculty, Deans and Advisors.
- UIS Educational Technology Training – Online office hours include support for Canvas, Panopto, Zoom, Turnitin, VoiceThread and other Instructional Continuity tools.
- CNDLS Instructional Continuity Office Hours – Online office hours by appointment only. Please “ring the doorbell” and we’ll be alerted to your question. We will respond within the business day.
- GMS Training / Tips & Tricks – Online workshops that include how to run, navigate and filter the Budget to Actuals report (BAR Summary); Walkthroughs of the GMS COA Request Form; Requisitions; Journal Processing; Contracts; Budget to Actuals Summary; Grants and more!
- GUMC Instructional Technology Workshops (Dahlgren Memorial Library) – Online Instructional technology workshops for GUMC / MGUH faculty and staff include Zoom, Canvas, Panopto, Poll Everywhere, Google Jamboard, and VoiceThread.
- GU360 Training – Online or in-person training courses on GUFaculty360.
- Law Center Instructional Technology Training – Online group training sessions on topics relating to Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto. Also available for 1-on-1 consultations.
- University Training and Development (Human Resources) – Online courses cover personal, professional, managerial, and career development. We work with other departments to present operational and compliance training in many topics.
Specific Training for Faculty:
- CETS – Offers classroom technology training at the beginning of each semester.
- CNDLS – Offers workshops to help faculty use technology to enhance student learning.
Online Tutorials and Other University Training:
- UIS Training at Georgetown Video Page
- Banner Admin Pages (Registrar’s Office) – Admin Pages is the application used by the university for storing and updating student records. It is used by the different Registrar’s Offices, Financial Aid, Office of Revenue and Receivables, and Graduate Admissions to maintain proper records for students.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) – Hundreds of instructional videos on a wide range of topics, such as Web and mobile application development, Web design and production, multimedia, business and productivity software, social media, computer networking, and many more.
- GU Human Resources Training. Professional development workshops, both online and on-campus, offered by Human Resources.