You can request technology-related assistance by visiting the Georgetown University Service Center Web portal. At the portal, you can contact the GU Service Center by phone, email, or chat, or by submitting a help request any time of day. You can also search our knowledge base, which has an extensive library of Georgetown service- and technology-related articles with answers to many common problems.
If you are looking for resources that are not available through the portal, please try these resources:
- UIS Service Desk: technology assistance (virtual and limited, in-person) for Main Campus and Medical Center students, faculty, and staff
- Law Center, McDonough School of Business technology resources
- Learn about the Account Management team.
Click here to submit an email question or request to the GU Service Center.
- For training help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For reporting problems with the UIS Web site, please contact the GU Service Center.
- For technology resources within your department, you can contact your Department Technology Representative (DTR) or your Technology Support Provider.
Web site: http://help.georgetown.edu
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7AM – 8PM ET; after-hours emergency support
UIS Service Desk
(Virtual and limited, in-person service for Main Campus and Medical Center students, faculty, and staff)
You must schedule an appointment for in-person assistance.
- Google Apps
- GU Mobile Apps
We will also assist with the diagnosis of hardware issues and troubleshoot software to the best of our ability, and refer you if needed.
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED
*Service Desk hours vary during intercession and University holidays. See UIS News & Announcements for any updates to the above hours during these times.
Account management enhances and augments technology services at Georgetown by proactively engaging and collaborating with departments on their technology goals. The UIS account managers provide advisory, project management, and escalation services for all areas within UIS. Account managers work directly with their constituent departments and advocate for them within UIS. Click here if you would like to learn more about account management or would like to be contacted by your account manager.
Law Center Support
Law Center students, faculty, and staff should contact the Law Center Information Systems Technology department.
McDonough School of Business (MSB) Support
MSB students, faculty, and staff should contact the MSB Technology Center.
UIS offers free training classes to all Main Campus, Law Center and Medical Center faculty, staff and degree-seeking students, as well as MedStar faculty.
Sign up for a UIS online or instructor-led training course or play a Web-based training video, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CETS offers classroom technology training to faculty members at the beginning of each semester. For pedagogical support with Canvas, please contact the Center for New Designs in Learning & Scholarship (CNDLS) (new window).
Additional training opportunities are also available from the following:
- Educational Technology Training. Online workshops include Canvas, Lecture Capture, and Instructional Continuity tools.
- Gelardin New Media Center (Lauinger Library)
- Dahlgren Memorial Library (GU Medical Center)
- Law School
- Banner Admin Pages
- University Training and Development (Human Resources)
- MPS in Technology Management (School of Continuing Studies)
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), which offers hundreds of free online tutorials at all levels of countless software programs, new technologies, and more.
(Note: All Lynda.com content was moved over to LinkedIn Learning.)
If you have any questions about technology training, send an email to email@example.com.