Duo Two-Factor Authentication
If you are a supplier requesting assistance with a supplier portal password reset or multifactor authentication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two-factor authentication is a part of signing in to Georgetown University online applications and services.
Note: All students, faculty, staff, and associates are required to enroll in Duo two-factor authentication to be able to sign in to University online applications and services.
After you sign in with your NetID and password, you approve access using your mobile device. If you’re new to Georgetown, you’ll need to enroll in Duo as part of the process of changing your temporary password. (Note: If you replace your mobile device, and if that device was registered with Duo, you’ll need to reactivate Duo on your new phone.)
There are multiple ways to authenticate using Duo—you do not have to use a smart phone!
- Change your temporary password (if you’re new to Georgetown).
- Fully log out of your account.
- Log in to your Georgetown Google Apps account with your NetID and password. Then follow the steps for confirmation/installation.
Duo Authentication Options
If you are using a mobile device
- Receive a push notification from Duo when you log in to a Georgetown application or service. You’ll be prompted to approve the notification.
- Generate a code from Duo Mobile app on your device will provide you with a dynamically generated passcode that you can use if your device does not have an internet connection.
If you don’t have your mobile device
- Contact the UIS Service Center to request a one-time code (the code is valid for 24 hours).
- Enter a code that includes your NetID password, a comma, and the last nine digits of the CARD number printed on the back of your GOCard. (Note: This method is to be used for GU services [e.g., GU Room/Space Reservation System] that do not use the standard GU login screen.)