Logging in to Duo with Another Registered Device
If you are a supplier requesting assistance with a supplier portal password reset or multifactor authentication, please contact email@example.com.
If you don’t have the device you’ve designated in Duo as your primary (default) device for receiving and approving Duo push notifications, and you previously added/registered another device to your Georgetown Duo account, you can log in to the application using the other, previously registered device.
- If you’ve registered only one device, you’ll need to contact the Georgetown Service Center for assistance by going to help.georgetown.edu.
- If you replace your mobile phone and Duo was registered on that phone, you’ll need to reactivate Duo on your new phone.
To use your other registered device to log in to an application, perform the following:
- Go to the login page of the application (e.g., Georgetown Google Apps) you want to access.
- At the login prompt, enter your NetID and password.
- In the Duo screen, click on the Device drop-down list to display your list of registered devices, as shown in the example below. Select the other registered device from the list.
(Note: If you’ve set up Duo to send you a push notification automatically, click Cancel in the message shown below, and then click Dismiss. The Device drop-down menu, previously greyed out, will now be available for you to select the other device.)
- Click Send me a Push to complete the Duo authentication approval process. (Note: Duo may send your selected device a push notification automatically if you’ve previously set up this option.)