Need technical support? You can request help by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling ext. 7-4949 on campus or calling (855) 687-4949 if off campus. You can also find answers to common problems or submit a ticket at the Service Center Web site.
You can access help resources from our support and knowledge base portal.
At the Service Center portal, you can:
- Submit a help request at any time, day or night, through the Web site, by e-mail, or through online chat.
- Search our knowledge base of technical support articles tailored to Georgetown technology services.
If you are looking for resources that are not available through the portal, please try these resources:
- UIS Service Desk: walk-in service for Main Campus and Medical Center students, faculty, and staff
- Law Center, McDonough School of Business technology resources
- Learn about the Account Management team.
Click here to submit an e-mail question or request to the Service Center.
- For training help, please contact email@example.com.
- For reporting problems with the UIS Web site, please use the Problem Report.
- For technology resources within your department, you can contact your Technology Support Provider.
Tel: (202) 687-4949
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The Service Desk observes limited hours during break periods and on university holidays. See listing below and UIS Service Updates on the UIS home page for specific hours.
Tel: (202) 687-4949
Locations: St. Mary's Hall, G-39; Lauinger Library, 3rd floor (next to Reference Desk)
- Google Apps
- GU Mobile Apps
We will also assist with the diagnosis of hardware issues to the best of our ability and refer you if needed.
Academic Year Hours (St. Mary's Hall, G-39):
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 10:00am — 6:00pm
Tuesday: 10:00am — 8:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am — 4:00pm
Academic Year Hours (Lauinger Library, 3rd Floor)
Monday - Thursday, 11:00am — 6:00pm
Friday, 11:00 am — 5:00pm
Saturday and Sunday, 1:00pm — 5:00pm
Account management enhances and augments technology services at Georgetown by proactively engaging and collaborating with departments on their technology goals. The UIS account managers provide advisory, project management, and escalation services for all areas within UIS. Account managers work directly with their constituent departments and advocate for them within UIS. Click here if you would like to learn more about account management or would like to be contacted by your account manager.
Law Center Support
Law Center students, faculty, and staff should contact the Law Center Information Systems Technology department.
McDonough School of Business (MSB) Support
MSB students, faculty, and staff should contact the MSB Technology Center.
UIS offers free training classes to all Main Campus, Law Center and Medical Center faculty, staff and degree-seeking students, as well as MedStar faculty.
Sign up for a UIS online or instructor led training course or play a Web-based training video, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CETS offers classroom technology training to faculty members at the beginning of each semester. CNDLS offers Blackboard and other workshops to help faculty members use technology in the classroom.
Additional training opportunities are also available from the following:
- Gelardin New Media Center (Lauinger Library)
- Dahlgren Memorial Library (GU Medical Center)
- Law School
- University Training and Development (Human Resources)
- MPS in Technology Management (School of Continuing Studies)
- Lynda.com, which offers hundreds of free online tutorials at all levels of countless software programs, new technologies, and more.
If you have any questions about technology training, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.