Georgetown brings the power of Google to your fingertips. Georgetown Google Apps accounts come with most of the apps (see list below) that are included with a personal Google account, so you can do pretty much anything in your Georgetown Google Apps account that you can in a personal Google account.
- Google Apps Features
- Firstname.Lastname E-mail Address
- Accessing Google Apps with Chrome
- Getting Help with Google Apps
With Georgetown Google Apps, you can:
- Send and receive email
- Set up calendar appointments and personal reminders
- View other peoples' Google calendars
- Maintain a list of your favorite contacts
- Surf the Web
- Chat with classmates and colleagues
- Create documents (text, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms)
- Upload and share documents to the cloud
- Conduct virtual meetings
You can also easily connect to your Georgetown Google Apps account using your smartphone (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone) or tablet (iPad). Just click here for details and instructions on using Georgetown Google Apps with your mobile device.
Faculty and staff have the option to use a firstname.lastname e-mail address in addition to, or instead of your NetID email address. To claim your first name.last name email:
Ensure that your Preferred Name in GMS appears as you want your e-mail address to be.
Go to the firstname.lastname e-mail address claim page to claim your firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.
Google Chrome is optimized for viewing Georgetown Google Apps. If you use a Georgetown secure computer, follow these steps to start using Chrome. Otherwise, visit the Google Chrome Web page to download Chrome if it is not already installed on your computer.
Georgetown Google Apps can also be viewed from other Web browsers. You may need to use other Web browsers for other GU applications.