A Google Group is used to forward messages to one or more individuals.
- Messages can be forwarded to an unlimited number of users simultaneously.
- The actual destination for the Google Group can be viewed by the group owner at any time by checking My Groups within their own Google Apps account.
- Settings and members for the Google Group can be managed by the group owner at any time.
- Recipients can add a filter in Georgetown Google Apps that will file any messages addressed to the alias in a particular folder.
- Google Groups can appear in the online directory and Georgetown Google Apps address book.
- Google Groups do not have Georgetown Google Apps services such as Drive and Calendar.
To request a Google Group, complete the Google Groups Request Form.
Click here for help on how to use Google Groups.
(Note: This form must be completed by the person who will own the Google Group.)