Sending Your Document to the Print Queue
Sending your document to the print queue is the first step to printing a document.
You can send your document to the print queue using any of the following methods:
- From your computer using the PaperCut Web portal
- From your computer using the PaperCut client
- From your mobile device using the PaperCut client
- Send your document to print via email
(Note: At this time, you can print only PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and image files (bmp, dip, jfif, jif, jpe, jpeg, png, tif, tiff) if you use the Web portal or use email-to-print from any device. However, if you’re printing a document using the PaperCut Mobility Print Client from a Mac or Windows computer, you’ll be able to print additional document file types—from any application that offers a print option.
Once you send a document to the print queue, you’ll then be able to “release” your document (print the document) at the printer.
Printing from Your Computer Using the PaperCut Web Portal
To print a document using the PaperCut Web-based portal, perform the following:
- Log in to the PaperCut Web portal with your NetID and password.
(IMPORTANT: Make sure you have your mobile device with you to accept the Duo authentication notification. Be sure to check your device for the Duo notification immediately after you click Log in, as this notification won’t appear on your computer.)
- Click Web Print, located on the left side menu.
- On the “Web Print” page, you’ll see a list of virtual printers, which are mapped to all the physical printers on campus. Select either the monochrome or color “printer” from the list, and then click the Print Options and Account Selection button.
- On the “Options” page, enter the number of copies you want to print, and then click the Upload Documents button.
- On the “Upload” page, drag the document to the upload area, or click Upload from computer to upload the document from your Windows or Mac computer. Once you’ve uploaded your document, click Upload & Complete. You’ll be returned to the Web Print page, and your document should be listed.
- To verify that your document is now in the queue, you’ll also receive an email notification. Check your email for this notification (the email will originate from PaperCut) that your document is now in the queue and ready to print. You can also click Jobs Pending Release (located on the left hand-side of the Web portal) to confirm that your document is listed.
(IMPORTANT: Please take note in the email of how much time you have to print your document. If you don’t print your document within the time limit, PaperCut will remove the document from the queue and you’ll have to resend the document to the print queue.)
Printing from Your Mobile Device
Printing from your mobile device involves using the PaperCut Mobility Print Client. With the client, you simply use the print function of any app that supports print, and from which you want to print your document.
Note: Before you can print using your mobile device, you’ll need to install the PaperCut print client.
Sending a Document to Print via Email
You can email jobs directly using your GU email account.
- For monochrome jobs, send an email to email@example.com.
- For color jobs, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to attach the document you want to print. This is a good way to send your document to print when you’re off campus.
You’ll receive an email notification that your print job is in the queue for you to release at the desired printer.
Note: You will not be able to set print preferences using the email method, but you can change your print settings at the printer before you release your document.
Printing with the PaperCut Client
With the PaperCut Mobility Print Client, you can print your document from any application that supports print. For example, to print a document in Microsoft Word, you just select File > Print from Word.
You can print using the client on a Mac or Windows desktop or laptop computer, as well as on an iOS or Android mobile device.
The client also offers more print options than if you print from the Web portal or print via email.
To print using the client, you simply install the PaperCut print client on your device.
Recommended Print Methods for Each Device Type
|If you want to print from this device||We recommend this print method|
|Personal Mac or Windows computer||Print Mobility Client, Email|
|Personal Chromebook||PaperCut Web portal, Email|
|Shared computer (e.g., lab computer, libraries computer/kiosk)||Web portal, Email|
|Mobile device||Print Mobility Client, Email|