Changing a Password for a New Account
If you are a supplier requesting assistance with a supplier portal password reset or multifactor authentication, please contact suppliercare.georgetown.edu.
(Note: If you forgot your password, and haven’t yet enrolled in Password Station and Duo, contact the Georgetown Service Center for assistance by going to help.georgetown.edu.)
You must know your temporary password before you can perform these steps.
- Install the Duo Mobile app on your device by performing the following:
- Go the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Enter “duo mobile” in the search box, and then select duo mobile from the search results.
- Tap the icon highlighted below to install Duo Mobile.
- After Duo Mobile has installed, tap Open to open the app.
- Tap Allow to allow notifications from the Duo Mobile app.
(IMPORTANT: Make sure you allow notifications. Otherwise, you will not receive authentication notifications from Duo and will not be able to log in to your applications.)
- In the next screen, tap the NEW ACCOUNT button.
- In the next screen, tap OK to allow Duo to access your device’s camera.
- Go to the Password Station home page. (Password Station is Georgetown’s online password management service.)
- In Password Station, type in your NetID, click on the check box next to I’m not a robot so that a check mark appears, and then click I Agree.
- When prompted, select all of the squares that apply to the stated theme. Click on VERIFY when you’re done.
You can use the icons in the lower left-hand side of this screen to:
— Refresh and offer a new challenge
— Send an audio challenge
— Open a help window describing how to complete the selection of the items
- If you are NOT enrolled in Password Management, the following window will appear. Click Continue.
- You will be prompted to enter your NetID and your password (your temporary password, or the password that was issued to you in email or a letter from the Post Office.
- In the next screen, select a security question from each of the three Question drop-down lists, and enter an answer for each question you selected. (IMPORTANT: Make sure to record your security questions and answers.) Click Continue when you’re done.
- If you are not registered in DUO, the following window will be displayed. Click on Go to Enrollment Portal.
- Click on Start setup in the following screen:
- In the next screen, select Mobile phone, and then click Continue. (You may need to scroll down to see the Continue button.) The device you add will receive notifications each time you log in to a Georgetown online service such as Google Apps.
- In the next screen, enter the phone number of the device you want to register for Georgetown Duo, click on the check box next to You entered ____. Is this the correct number? so that a check mark appears, and then click Continue.
- In the next screen, select the type of device you are registering, and then click Continue. (In the example below, iPhone is selected.)
- Click on I have Duo Mobile.
The following screen is displayed:
- Hold your device up to the bar code (as if you were taking a picture of it) so that your device’s camera can scan it. If Duo scanned the bar code successfully, you’ll see a check mark on the bar code, as shown in the example below.
- Scroll down until you see the Continue button, and then click Continue.
- In the “My Settings & Devices” screen, perform the following:
- Make sure your Default Device (the primary device you want to use for Duo authentication) is displayed and that the device’s phone number is correct.
- For ‘When I log in’, select the option Automatically send this device a Duo Push from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save (the text will change to Saved), and then click Continue to Login.
You should see the following screen with the message (see highlighted text at the bottom of the screen) that Duo has sent a login request to your device.
- Check your device for a Duo login request. You should see the following message text appear on the Duo app on your device:
- Tap on the Duo login request message. You should then see a message that your login request was successful and that you’re now enrolled in Duo. You’ve successfully set up Duo on your device so that the Duo Mobile app is linked to your account.
- Add a recovery device to Duo. (IMPORTANT: It is mandatory to add a recovery device.)
- In Password Station, click on Change Password.
- In the ‘Change Password’ screen, perform the following:
- Select the options, and then click on Generate Password to view the password that has been generated for you. You’ll see a randomly-generated string.
- Once the password has been generated, you have the option of accepting the password you prefer or asking that another password be generated by clicking Generate password again. (You can continue to click Generate password until a password is displayed that you want to use as your new password.)
- When a password is displayed that you want to use, click on Accept Password. The password you want to use is copied to the New Generated Password field. (IMPORTANT: Make sure to record your new password.)
- Enter your current password in the Old Password field (either the password that was given to you through email, the temporary password that was issued from the Service Center, or your current password if you know your current password).
- Click on Confirm.
- Click Sign Out to log out of Password Station, and then close your browser window.
You’ve now successfully changed your password.