Changing a Password for a New Account
If you are a supplier requesting assistance with a supplier portal password reset or multi-factor authentication, please contact suppliercare.georgetown.edu.
(Note: If you forgot your password, and haven’t yet enrolled in Password Station and Duo, contact the Georgetown Service Center for assistance by going to help.georgetown.edu.)
You must know your temporary password before you can perform these steps.
- Follow the steps for how to set up Georgetown Duo. (You need to set up Duo two-factor authentication before you can change your password.) Go to step 2 when you’ve completed the Duo setup steps.
- Go to the Password Station home page. (Password Station is Georgetown’s online password management service.)
- In Password Station, type in your NetID, click on the check box next to I’m not a robot so that a check mark appears, and then click I Agree.
- When prompted, select all of the squares that apply to the stated theme. Click on VERIFY when you’re done.
You can use the icons in the lower left-hand side of this screen to:
— Refresh and offer a new challenge
— Send an audio challenge
— Open a help window describing how to complete the selection of the items
- If you are NOT enrolled in Password Management, the following window will appear. Click Continue.
- You will be prompted to enter your NetID and your password (your temporary password, or the password that was issued to you in an email or a letter from the Post Office.
- In the next screen, select a security question from each of the three Question drop-down lists, and enter an answer for each question you selected. (IMPORTANT: Make sure to record your security questions and answers.) Click Continue when you’re done.
- Click Continue in the next screen.
- In Password Station, click on Change Password.
- In the ‘Change Password’ screen, perform the following:
- Select the options, and then click on Generate Password to view the password that has been generated for you. You’ll see a randomly-generated string.
- Once the password has been generated, you have the option of accepting the password you prefer or asking that another password be generated by clicking Generate password again. (You can continue to click Generate password until a password is displayed that you want to use as your new password.)
- When a password is displayed that you want to use, click on Accept Password. The password you want to use will be copied to the New Generated Password field. (IMPORTANT: Make sure to record your new password.)
- Enter your current password in the Old Password field (either the password that was given to you through email, the temporary password that was issued from the Service Center, or your current password if you know your current password).
- Click on Confirm.
- Click Sign Out to log out of Password Station, and then close your browser window.
You’ve now successfully changed your password.