Resetting a Forgotten Password
Note: If you forgot your password and you’re new to Georgetown, please contact the Georgetown Service Center by going to help.georgetown.edu.
- Log in to Georgetown’s online password management system.
- Click Forgot Password.
- You will be prompted to answer each of the questions you selected when you enrolled in Password Station. After you answer each question, click Continue.
- In the next screen that appears after you’ve successfully answered your questions, you’ll see a list of the devices you’ve registered in Georgetown Duo. Choose a device with which you want to approve a Duo authentication notification that will be sent to you from Password Station (to verify your identity), click on the notification option you want to use for that device, and then complete the Duo authentication notification approval.
- In the next screen, you’ll see a randomly-generated string of 5 words, each word separated by the character (e.g., period) you selected. If you would like to use that password, click Accept password. The password is displayed in the New Generated Password field at the bottom of the screen. You’ll also see a message stating this.
Note: If you don’t want to use that password, you can generate another password by clicking Generate password again. (You can continue to click Generate password until a password you want to use as your new password is displayed.)
- Enter your current password in the Current Password field, and then click Confirm.