What Equipment Do I Need To Use Zoom?
To use Zoom you will need one of the following:
- Computer. Windows or Apple computer with speakers and a microphone. (Note: Webcams are recommended but not required.)
- Mobile Device. iOS or Android
- Phone. Mobile device, desk, or landline
If your computer does not have a microphone and speakers (or webcam) you’ll need to purchase or rent them. The Gelardin New Media Center in Lauinger library has a selection of microphones and webcams available to rent (for free!) using your NetID.
If you are looking to purchase equipment for Zoom, the sections below list Zoom-recommended webcams, microphones, and speakers. Most of the products cost between $30 and $100 and will work sufficiently at either your desk or conference/meeting room.
These webcams work with Zoom on any Windows or Apple desktop or laptop computer.
- Logitech HD ConferenceCam
- Logitech HD Webcams
- VDO360 PTZ HD Camera
- VTEL HD3000PTZ Camera
- Vaddio Clearview USB
- Microsoft HD Webcams
- Freetalk HD Webcams
- Hovercam Solo 5 Document Webcam
USB Speaker Microphone All-in-One
These products are specially designed for Web conferencing with a Windows or Apple computer. You can plug these devices into any USB port on your computer.
- Jabra Speak 510
- Clearone Chat 150
- Logitech P710e
- Plantronics Calisto 600
- Phoenix Quattro3
- Voice Tracker Array
- Yamaha PSP-20UR
- Jabra USB Headphones
XLR Microphone Systems
These products are designed to work in auditoriums.
- Revolab Fusion Wireless Microphones
- Shure Wireless Conferencing System
- MXL Microphones for Conferencing