Panopto is a tool for secure private video sharing, and an edit and capture service for classroom and departmental video sharing.
Panopto is a cloud-based service for recording, storing, and sharing videos such as lectures and presentations. Recordings in Panopto are viewable on most web browsers and mobile devices.
- Create and upload recordings
- Share media recordings within your department (administrators), with your students (instructors), or with anyone.
- Anytime, anywhere access to your recordings
- Students can submit media assignments
- Faculty can create media assignments that their students can view
- Faculty can create Panopto video quizzes and have grades sync with Canvas
- Upload media files (e.g., course video recordings) from your computer and share with others, such as your students.
Who is Eligible for Panopto?
All active Georgetown students, faculty, and staff are eligible for Panopto.
What is Panopto Best Suited For?
- Storing videos (e.g., course lecture and presentation recordings)
- For storing low-risk academic and administrative files, we recommend using Microsoft OneDrive.
- For storing medium-risk academic and administrative files, we recommend using Google Drive.
Data Security Considerations
Panopto should be used to store and share only low-risk data.
How to Get Panopto
Click here for information on how to access Panopto.
Getting Started with Panopto
You can access Panopto from within Canvas and outside of Canvas. To start using Panopto, visit Georgetown’s Panopto support site.
Getting Help/Additional Resources
For assistance and questions, contact the Georgetown Service Center by going to help.georgetown.edu.
For more information about Panopto, visit the Georgetown Panopto support site, which has how-to guides, FAQs, and GU support contact information (Main Campus and GUMC, Law Center, and MSB campuses), training resources (live training and recorded tutorials), and classroom support information.For additional information about Panopto, visit the Panopto support site.