CrashPlan is a cloud-based backup service that enables you to securely back up your personal GU or departmental desktop or laptop computer.
- Provides regular backups of your data in the background
- Most data types can be backed up (except high-risk/confidential data)
- Unlimited backups
- Data backups performed automatically
- Annual cost to your department (and requires approval by your department)
- License allows backups on up to 3 computers
Who is Eligible for CrashPlan?
All active Georgetown faculty and staff are eligible for CrashPlan.
What is CrashPlan Best Suited For?
Crashplan is best suited for GU faculty, staff, and departments who want to regularly back up their data.
Data Security Considerations
How to Get CrashPlan
Contact the Service Center by going to help.georgetown.edu to request a CrashPlan license.
Getting Started with CrashPlan
To obtain a license, contact the Service Center by going to help.georgetown.edu.
Getting Help/Additional Resources
For more information about CrashPlan, go to the CrashPlan support page.