How do I opt in?
How do I have my Zoom Cloud recordings automatically copy into Panopto?
Faculty and staff at Georgetown can opt in to the service that automatically copies Zoom Cloud recordings into your Panopto account. If you mapped specific Zoom Meeting IDs to specific Panopto folders then those settings will be restored upon opting-in.
- Sign in to Georgetown’s Panopto web portal
- Click your initials at top right of the page
- Click the ‘User Settings’ button
- On the Info tab of the Users Settings page, locate the ‘Meeting Import Settings’ section and then the ‘Automatic Import‘ heading
- Place a checkmark next to “Georgetown (Zoom)” and click ‘Update‘
You have now completed the process to opt in.
Note: If you used Panopto to map specific Zoom Meeting recordings to Panopto folders using Meeting IDs those will be restored and visible under the Meeting Mapping Source heading.
Set the folder where all your Zoom Meeting Recordings will automatically appear in Panopto:
The ‘Meeting Recordings’ folder located under your ‘My Folder’ in Panopto is set as the default folder where all your Zoom Cloud recordings automatically appear. This is still the recommended location.
In some rare cases you may need to set a default folder to complete the opt in process, or you may wish to set a different folder in your Panopto account to collect all your Zoom Cloud recordings.
- On the Info tab of Users Settings page, locate the ‘Meeting Import Settings’ section and then the ‘Default Folder’ heading
- Click on the ‘Edit‘ button
- On the dropdown menu, either type the name of the folder or expand the folder hierarchy under the ‘All Folders‘ section displayed on the menu and select a folder
- Click ‘Save‘ when done