Installing the GlobalProtect VPN Client (Mac)
- Installing the VPN from the GU Software Online Store
- Installing the VPN from the Self Service Desktop Client
Installing the VPN from the GU Software Online Store
- Go to the GU software store for faculty and staff.
- Click on the GU Free Software menu item at the top of the page, and then select Global Protect VPN from the drop-down list. (You might have to scroll down the list to see the listing for Global Protect VPN.)
- On the VPN page, click on the link Internal Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN Client Download link.
- In the Google Drive window, select the file GlobalProtectMacOS.pkg and then click on the file download button.
- Click Download anyway in the pop-up window.
The file should be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
- Open a Finder window, navigate to your Downloads folder, and then double-click on the installer file GlobalProtectMacOS.pkg.
- In the welcome window, click Continue.
- In the next window, click Continue.
- In the next window, click Install.
- In the pop-up window, choose whether to authenticate either by using Touch ID or by entering your Mac password.
- After the installation completes, you should see the following confirmation window. Click Close.
- In the next pop-up window, click Move to Trash to move the installer file to your Trash folder.
- Go to the top of your computer screen to see the application icon for the GlobalProtect VPN, as shown highlighted below.
You can now connect to the GlobalProtect VPN.
Installing the VPN from the Self Service Desktop Client
- Open the Self Service application. (You can open the Self Service client either from the Dock or from the Finder Applications folder.)
- Locate the icon GU-GlobalProtect-VPN, and then click Install.
You should see the following image indicating that the install process has started.
- Click Options from the banner that appears in the upper right-hand side of your screen, and then select Allow from the drop-down list to allow the GlobalProtect VPN client to send you notifications.
(Note: You can also allow notifications by clicking on the Apple menu, selecting System Preferences, then selecting Notifications & Focus, and then selecting GlobalProtect from the left-hand panel.)
After a few moments, the GU-GlobalProtect-VPN install icon will no longer appear in Self Service. In the notification bar at the top of your Mac screen, you should see a globe-shaped icon, as highlighted in the example below.
The GlobalProtect VPN is now available on your computer.