Faculty Technology Resources
This page lists technology-related resources for Main Campus and Medical Center faculty members. Click here for technology resources specific to Medical Center faculty members.
- How Do I …
- Tools for Teaching Remotely
- Login Pages
- Training Workshops
- Other Resources
- Getting Help
Use Online Teaching Tools
- Use the Canvas learning management system?
- Publish my course to students in Canvas?
- Record my lectures?
- Get help with developing content for my course site?
- Start a Web conference with my students?
- View current class schedules?
Connect to the Internet and GU Services
- Connect to SaxaNet? (Georgetown’s secure WiFi network)
- Install and connect to the Georgetown VPN? (the GU VPN [Virtual Private Network] enables you to access virtual servers and EFS storage)
- Change my NetID password?
Collaborate with Colleagues
Manage Academic Profile and Publications
- Manage my faculty profile or delegate access? (new window) Support documentation for GUFaculty360 is accessible from the GU360 website.
- Request assistance with my faculty profile in GUFaculty360? (To request assistance, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Order GU Services, Hardware, and Software
- Purchase software?
- Get a new computer?
- Order phone service?
- Order voicemail for my office?
- Order a mobile device?
- View AT&T or Verizon international travel and calling plans?
- Panopto (Lecture Capture software used for recording and publishing lectures to Canvas)
- Zoom (Web Conferencing tool that enables you to remotely hold meetings with students and colleagues. Participants can connect with a desktop or laptop computer, or with an iOS or Android mobile device.)
- Instructional Continuity Tools (List of online teaching tools to connect with students and continue coursework when campus is closed)
- Technology Policies and Procedures (Acceptable Use Policy, copyright policy, working with sensitive information, and more)
- Protecting Yourself Against Phishing Attacks
- Data Classification and Examples
- Types of Data You Can Store in Box
- Lombardi Cancer Center Policy on Protection of Research Data
- Installing and Using the Georgetown VPN (You’ll need the Georgetown VPN to access virtual servers and EFS storage.)
- Georgetown Duo (Georgetown’s two-factor authentication service)
- Complete a Data Security Plan (You need to complete this plan if you’re required to document data handling for a project or program.)
- Canvas (web-based Learning Management System)
- Georgetown Box (document sharing and storage service—HIPAA- and FERPA-compliant)
- GUFaculty360 (GU news, faculty profiles and publications, academic class schedules, and more)
- Georgetown Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Chat, etc.)
- Georgetown Room/Space Request System (request to reserve a university room or space for many types of events)
- Georgetown Management System-GMS (enables you to view your personal profile, salary details, and paystubs)
- CNDLS Workshops (workshops for faculty and graduate students on a range of topics related to teaching and technology)
- UIS Technology Workshops (links to training workshops offered by UIS and around Georgetown)
- GUFaculty360 Training (learn how to upload your CV, add your personal website information, publications and more)
- CETS (training sessions on how to use technology in your classroom)
- Educational Technology Training (training on how to use Canvas, Panopto, and Zoom)
- Training Resources (Office of Regulatory Affairs)
- Georgetown E-mail and Calendar
- Purchasing Computers and Software
- Request a Room/Space
- UIS Web Services
- Classroom Technology Support
Resources to help you find out more about a service, or get help for an urgent computing-related problem.
- Georgetown University Service Center (Georgetown’s help desk, available Monday-Friday, 7AM-8PM ET, and after hours for emergency support only). Contact the GU Service Center at help.georgetown.edu.)
- UIS Walk-up Service Desks (student-staffed walk-up technology help center. Obtain help with your laptop and other technology assistance. Two locations—-Leavey Center bookstore and Lauinger Library, 3rd floor.)
- UIS and Other Georgetown Help Desks Hours Contact Info
- Course Web site development help (CNDLS)
- Canvas Instructor FAQs
- CETS (for emergencies with classroom technology. Also, see our Classroom Technology Support page for a complete list of A/V teams across Georgetown.)