Dr. Robert Clarke, Dean For Research gave a talk about Georgetown University science history: View it HERE
The Research Technologies team are advocates for the research community. We help Georgetown's research community - on both Main and Medical Center campuses - implement strategies and projects in a number of areas including: research collaboration, grants and contracts, advanced research computing, research regulatory and compliance administrative systems, virtual servers, and AWS compute and storage storage. We help researchers coordinate with appropriate UIS departments for optimal delivery of services tailored to individual research requirements, with a clear point of contact for all research technology needs.
Examples of services and current projects include:
- New HURON IRB Implentationfor GU and MedStar
- REDcap Clinical Data Collection System (ICBI/CTSA/LCCC): Hosted portal for collection and management of data and surveys for clinical studies.
- Web-based Simulations: Example: Population Genetics Simulations for Dr. Matthew Hamilton's BIOL-367-01 course.
Custom Scientific Instrumentation and Device Support:
- Provide custom scientific instrumentation fabrication and support not available in the marketplace, e.g., instruments and support for Dr. Mark Burns’ grant: “The Role of apoE and APOE Genotype in Amyloid-beta Clearance After TBI.”
- Senior Electronics Engineer for the Department of Chemistry, including novel fabrication of advanced instrumentation, and oversight, repair, and maintenance of Chemistry workstation PCs and equipment.
- Key personnel for Dr. Marc Burns new Neuroscience R-01 NIH grant and for Shock, Trauma, and Anesthesiology Research Lab at University of Maryland