Work Wherever You Are
Your virtual office
Make sure you have everything you need to work from home:
- Secure Zoom from unwanted or uninvited guests.
- Use DocuSign to read and electronically sign a document that has been shared with you.
- Set up call forwarding from your desk phone to another phone
- IT Equipment for working effectively from home.
- Keep your Operating System, Browser, and Applications patched to current releases
- Use Antivirus software (keep it updated too) and enable the firewall on your computer
- Avoid visiting unknown websites or downloading software from untrusted sources.
- Beware of phishing messages. DHS is already reporting COVID-19 phishing emails.
- Keep your data in the cloud (Box, Google, Zoom, etc) instead of downloading it to your computer
- University leadership will continue to send regular updates via email. Please monitor your georgetown.edu email account closely for the latest information.
- Your Dean and/or department may provide additional details regarding expectations for instruction and support resources.
- Georgetown’s official coronavirus page
- All current students, faculty and staff are now automatically enrolled in HOYAlert, Georgetown’s mass notification system used in the event of an emergency situation or incident. HOYAlert (emails and texts) will continue to be used to notify students, faculty and staff about changes in the university’s operating status. You can read more about HOYAlert on the emergency management site.