All current Georgetown students, faculty, and staff receive a DocuSign account. With this account, you can read and electronically sign a document that has been shared with you.
For questions about DocuSign, you can send email to GUdocusign.firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about how to use DocuSign, visit the DocuSign support site.
- Preparing and Sending a Document for Signature
- Receiving and Signing a Document
- Sharing an Envelope
- Creating a Template
- Working with Templates
- Sending Out a Template for Signature
- Sending an Envelope Using a Template
- Saving an Envelope as a Template
Preparing and Sending a Document for Signature
Note: You will need to complete the DocuSign Permission Request Form to obtain permission to prepare and send documents for signing.
- Go to http://docusign.com, and then click on the Log In link in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- On the next page, enter your GU email address and then click Continue.
- On the next page, click on Use Company Login.
- The GU login prompt will be displayed. (Important: If you use Duo, make sure you have your mobile device on hand to approve the authentication notification.)
- You will initially have access to send an envelope. Click on New, and choose Send an Envelope. (An envelope is a group of documents that you can send to others to be signed.)
- To prepare the envelope, you have the option to Upload a document from your computer, Use a Template, or Get From Cloud (e.g., Box, Google Drive). In the example below, the option to upload from Box is selected. (Note: If you select a cloud service, you may be prompted to log in to access your documents. You may also be prompted to give DocuSign permission to access your cloud account.)
- Continue to add documents as you need. As you add documents, you’ll see them listed, as shown below.
- Add recipients and, if you want, decide on the proper signing order. Enter the recipients’ names and email addresses, and then select from the drop-down menu what action you want them to take. (In the following example, Needs to Sign has been selected.)
To add additional recipients, click Add Recipient.
If you want to specify a signing order, click on the check box next to Set signing order, and then assign the order number for each recipient.
- Once you’ve added all of the desired recipients and chosen the order, click on Next.
- You have the option to click and drag the items you want placed on your document. In the example below, the signature option and the date signed are being added.
- Click Send.
You will see a listing of those who received your document, as well as the status.
- You will receive an email that informs you that your document has been completed. Click on View Completed Document to see the signed document.
Receiving and Signing a Document
- If you received an email message requiring your signature, your email will look like this:
- Click on Review Document. Once you view the document, click on the option to prepare for your signature.
- Once you click to sign, you will see the window below.
You have the option to change the style of your signature.
Click on Adopt and Sign once your signature choice has been completed.
- When you’re done, click on Finish.
Your document has been signed, and you should receive the following confirmation message: