Starting an Instant Zoom Meeting
We do not recommend using an Instant Meeting for publicly advertised events nor for class or private meetings.
Additionally, we do not recommend using your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) for Instant Meetings. Your PMI is a virtual room that is permanently reserved for you, and is essentially one continuous meeting and anyone with the link can join at any time, all the time. Reusing your PMI for multiple meetings or class sessions could mean that guests not intended for that meeting could inadvertently join as the meeting ID does not change
- Make sure Zoom is installed on your computer.
- Open Zoom and then sign in to your Zoom account.
- In the Zoom main window, click the drop down arrow next to New Meeting button, and ensure the “Use My Personal Meeting ID (PMI)” is unchecked.
- Click the orange New Meeting button.
- In the next window, click Join With Computer Audio, or click on the Phone Call tab if you’re starting the meeting from your mobile device or other phone.
You can now: