Mobile Phones and Devices
Note: Contact your Business Manager to purchase a mobile phone. The Business Manager must make sure they have the role of GU Requisitioner in order to access the AT&T and Verizon purchasing portals.
Georgetown contracts with AT&T and Verizon Wireless to provide mobile phone and mobile data device services for faculty and staff business use. University Business Managers can order online through the GMS punchouts for each vendor. Charges are automatically applied each month to the individual department cost center through the Financial Services office. For personal purchases, faculty and staff are eligible for discounts, under personal accounts, from several carriers. Please contact the carrier for details.
(Note: University departments providing mobile devices to employees, as well as employees with University-provided mobile devices, are responsible for following the Employee Mobile Device Tax Compliance Policy (FA129).)
- Get Started/Pricing
- Service Provider Support
- Purchasing or Upgrading Your Mobile Phone
- Service Center Support
- Lost or Stolen Devices
- Returning Purchases
- Requesting Changes to Your Service Plan or Equipment
- Switching Service Providers
- Employee and Student Discounts
Please note that the following chart reflects institutional pricing. To order services, contact your Business Manager.
Contract Services/Pricing Chart (Basic Bundle)
|Other Features Incl.
*Additional Minutes billed at $0.25/ minute (Nights & weekends unlimited)
|400 minutes (Voice Sharing, Nights & weekends unlimited)
International Pricing Plans
Note: For institutional pricing plans, contact your UIS Account Manager.
Make sure to turn on your international plan before you leave for international travel. (There is no charge to turn your plan on or off.)
- Verizon offers a standard plan that includes 400 minutes and unlimited data.
- AT&T offers a “Passport Silver” plan that includes a $0.50/minutes calling rate and 300MB of data.
The benefits of using the Georgetown University mobile device program are:
- Take advantage of negotiated service plans and equipment discounts
- No early termination fees
- Device upgrade available after one year
- Automated billing process through the master account (no reimbursement or invoice payment hassles)
- Dedicated business service support through each provider
Service Provider Support
Get support via the Web or over the phone through a dedicated business class service support team. Confirm you are on the Georgetown University enterprise account.
Note: The contact information below is to be used for service problems only—not for purchasing a device or to change your service plan.
- AT&T Business Customer Care 24/7: 1-800-331-0500
- Verizon Wireless Customer Care 24/7: 1-800-922-0204 or *611
Purchasing or Upgrading Your Mobile Phone
- Click here for information on how to purchase a mobile phone through Verizon.
- Click here for information on how to purchase a mobile phone through AT&T.
- Click here for information on how to upgrade a mobile phone through Verizon.
Service Center Support
For general questions regarding the Georgetown University mobile device program and to request assistance with a lost or stolen device, configurations for e-mail, calendar, or another application, contact the Georgetown University Service Center at help.georgetown.edu.
For questions about purchasing a mobile device or purchasing a mobile device service plan, send email to email@example.com.
Lost or Stolen Devices
To report a lost or stolen device, first contact the service provider to request a suspension of the service, then follow up with the GU Service Center.
If you receive a damaged device, you can replace it through the 30-day warranty agreement. Contact the service provider for details.
Requesting Changes to Your Service Plan or Equipment
All service change requests or equipment upgrades must be approved by your department Business Manager and submitted by the departmental authorized purchaser directly to the carrier via the GMS punchout. If you do not know your department’s Business Manager, you may contact the GU Service Center to determine the appropriate person.
Switching Service Providers
If you want to switch your current mobile phone service provider, but keep your existing mobile phone number, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employee and Student Discounts
- 15% for employees (available through GU Employee AT&T Discount Web page)
- 10% for students (available through GU Students AT&T Discount Web page)
- 18% for Georgetown employees
- 25% on all phone accessories (available through the Verizon Discount Program Web page).