From Windows Explorer, delete the old Google Drive folder from your computer.
- If you haven’t already done so, log in to your Georgetown Google Apps account.
- From your Web browser, go to the Google Drive File Stream home page.
- On the Google Drive Help page, click on Download for Windows.
- In the following pop-up window, click Save File. If you're prompted to enter a location in which to save the installer file, titled googledrivefilestream.exe, save the file to your Desktop. (If you’re not prompted, the file may have been saved in your Downloads folder.)
- Open Windows Explorer, navigate to your Downloads folder, and then double-click the installer file, googledrivefilestream.exe.
- Click Yes in the following security window.
You should see a window with a progress bar showing the download progress of the installer file.
The installation will then start, and you'll see the following window:
- If prompted, enter your Mac user name and password:
Once the installation is complete, you should see the following install confirmation window:
The Google Drive File Stream "Sign in" window will also be displayed.
- In the Google Drive File Stream "Sign in" window, enter your Georgetown email address and then click Next. (Note: In the example below, "firstname.lastname@example.org" is entered as the email address.)
- In the login window, enter your NetID and password, and then click Sign In. (Note: If you use Duo to authenticate to Georgetown applications, please make sure to have your mobile device with you.)
Google Drive File Stream will open, and you should see the following window.
- In Google Drive File Stream, click on the right-pointing arrow until you see Open Explorer. (Each window you navigate to provides a feature of Google Drive Fiile Stream.) Click Open Explorer.
A Windows Explorer window opens, displaying your "My Drive" and "Team Drives" folders in Google Drive File Stream.
You'll also see Google Drive File Stream listed in your Windows Explorer Quick access area, as shown here.