UIS Supports Latest Mac OS
UIS now officially supports the latest Mac operating system, Monterey. Through its testing, UIS has determined that Monterey works within the Georgetown computing environment, and that it is compatible with all commonly-used university applications and Georgetown technology services.
Upgrading to Monterey
If you have a university-managed or personal-owned Apple computer, you can now upgrade to Monterey. Click here to find out if your computer can be upgraded to Monterey. (To get information about your Mac, just click on the Apple menu, located at the top left-hand corner of your screen, and then select About This Mac.)
We recommend upgrading prior to the start of the spring semester so you have enough time to familiarize yourself with Monterey’s features and functions.
To start the upgrade process, perform the following:
(IMPORTANT: Before you upgrade, make sure to first back up your data. You can perform a backup via Apple’s Time Machine application, external hard drive, or storing data in a cloud-based storage service such as Google Drive or GU Box.)
- Click on the Apple menu, and then select About This Mac.
- In the pop-up window, click Software Update.
- After your computer checks for updates, you should see a window with macOS Monterey listed. Click Upgrade Now, and then follow the prompts to install Monterey.
- Click OK in the following pop-up window:
- Follow the prompts to install Monterey.
For additional information, visit the macOS Monterey upgrade page.
If you have any questions or concerns about upgrading, or need assistance with the upgrade process, contact the Georgetown Service Center by going to help.georgetown.edu.