GMS Upgrade on Saturday March 13th (System Unavailable)
From Friday, March 12 at 8 p.m. to Saturday, March 13 at 5 p.m., the Georgetown Management System (GMS) will be unavailable while the Workday 2021R1 update is implemented. The outage will be limited to GMS and does not impact the Georgetown network. The only impact for GU employees will be a temporary inability to access GMS during this outage period. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and will post updates to gms.georgetown.edu.
This Workday update will deliver several enhancements to GMS. Some notable enhancements include:
System / User Interface (UI):
- Improved Accessibility: New viewing options on supported read-only tables
Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Electronic Form I-9: Section 2 is now available on mobile
- Time Tracking: Updated user interface makes time entry and submission more efficient for employees, timekeepers and managers
- Improved visibility into the end-to-end status for Purchase Orders, including the related Invoices and Receipts
- Ability to add attachments on Supplier Contracts without amending
Following the update, please refer to the Workday 2021R1 Employee Quick Reference Guide for more details about these and other changes. The reference guide will be located on the GMS website under the Training section, which contains detailed explanations of the changes you can expect to find in the new release.
If you encounter any GMS issues, please contact the Service Center by emailing email@example.com (new window).
Thank you for your attention.