To add a single video or multiple videos to a page:
1. Under Top Hero Media Content, select Video(s) in the drop-down menu.
2. Click the green button next to the Videos bar that appears. This will bring you to the "Create Video Asset" page. If you already have a video uploaded, you may type the name of the video file into the Input Field.
3. On this page, enter a title. After doing so, paste the URL of your video into the Video URL section.
URLs should use the following formats, also specified beneath the text box in the form:
- vimeo: //player.vimeo.com/video/[video-id]
- youtube: //www.youtube.com/embed/[video-id]
- This is NOT the entire URL in the URL field on your browser. You need to get the video-ID from the URL field (typically the video ID is everything after the "=") and add it to //www.youtube.com/embed/ to get the video to play.
- ustream (live stream): //www.ustream.tv/embed/[video-id]
- ustream (recorded video): //www.ustream.tv/embed/recorded/[video-id]
The video URL should be protocolless - // rather than http:// or https://. This will allow it to play when viewed over http or https.
If you're using Ustream, please note that you need to use a different URL depending on whether your video is live or recorded. For a live event, you'll need to use the live stream URL as shown below and then update the URL here to use the recorded video URL format.
4. You have the option to choose a Thumbnail. If you have a video gallery (that is, if you add more than one video), the thumbnail for each video will appear below the video that is currently playing.
- To add Thumbnails: Click on the Select button under the Thumbnail section. A pop-up will appear. From here, upload an image. (Note: Image must be smaller than 512 bytes)
5. Repeat steps 4-6 to add multiple videos. These videos will automatically be placed into a gallery.
6. You will be brought back to "Create General Page". Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and select Save.