- Go to your external blog. Here, the example used is Campus Ministry’s blog, https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/campusministry/.
2. Right click somewhere on the blog page and hit View Page Source.
3. A new tab will open with the page’s code. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + F on a PC or Cmd + F on a Mac and type “RSS” in the search bar.
4. From the search, you should see a line in the code with something like
- <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Campus Ministry » Feed" href="https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/campusministry/feed/" />.
- Copy the URL after “href=”. Most likely, it will be the URL of your blog with “/feed/” at the end.
5. In Drupal, go to the page where you want to add the blog feed. Click New Draft.
6. If you want to add the feed to the right side, click Right Syndicated Content. If you want to add the feed to the center area of the page, click Main Syndicated Content.
7. Add a title in the Block Header HTML field.
8. Under Type, select "RSS - Title Only" or "RSS - Full Summary". If "Title Only" is selected, only the title of each blog post will appear in your blog feed. If "Full Summary" is selected, both the title and the beginning of each blog post will appear on your blog feed.
9. In the URL field, paste the URL of the RSS feed (the link you copied in Step 4). Make sure the URL contains https rather than http.
10. Enter the number of items you would like to be displayed in the feed.
11. OPTIONAL: You have the option of creating a button at the bottom of the feed that will go to the blog on the external site. To create this button, copy and paste the code below into the Block Footer HTML field, making sure to replace the highlighted portion with the blog’s URL:
- <div class="module_more_link"><a href="https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu/campusministry/">More</a></div>
12. Publish and save the page. When in the "Publishing Options" tab, make sure to check the "Refresh syndicated content on save" checkbox (note that your changes will not appear on the page unless this checkbox is selected. For more on refreshing syndciated content feeds, see this page).