Content Publishers can add and remove items from the site navigation menu. First, we will cover how to add a navigation link for a web page within your site, and will then show how to create a link in your navigation to an external page (Content Editors may not have permissions to perform some of the actions below.)
1. To add a new page to your site’s navigation, select Web Page in Drupal's navigation menu. To add an existing page to your site's navigation, open the existing page and skip to Step 3.
2. Fill out the information in the page as you would any page.
3. Navigate to the Menu Settings tab for the page and check the Provide a menu link box.
4. Four fields will appear in the Menu settings tab:
- Menu link title will populate with the title of the page.
- Text in the Description field will appear when a user hovers over the link in the navigation.
- Parent Item dropdown lets you select the parent of the current page.
- The Weight dropdown lets you assign a place in the navigation to the current page.
5. Using the Parent item dropdown, select the name of the Parent page, the page under which the current page should live in the navigation.
6. Next, assign a Weight to the page. Links with smaller weights will display above links with larger weights. For example, a page assigned a weight of 2 will appear as the second menu option underneath the parent page. Links assigned the same weight will appear in alphabetical order.
7. Select Published under Publish Options and click Save. Check your site's navigation to view the new item.
1. In the right navigation, click on Administration and then click on the Structure tab. Only Content Publishers will see Structure under Administration.
2. A page titled Structure will load in the browser window. Click Menus.
3. You will see a Menus page with a Local Site Menu box. Click on add link.
4. You will see a page titled Local Site Menu.
- Add a Menu link title (required), which will be the name of the page in the menu.
- Add a Path (required), the url of the external link.
- Check the Enabled box to list the page in the menu
- Under the Parent link dropdown, select the name of the parent page for this web page.
- Assign a Weight to the page using the Weight dropdown. Links with smaller weights will display above links with larger weights. For example, a page assigned a weight of 2 will appear in the second spot underneath the parent page.
5. Click Save. Check your site's navigation to view the new item.