Installing AnyConnect on Windows
Note: Everyone using the AnyConnect VPN is required to enroll in Georgetown Duo in order to connect to the VPN.
Before You Begin
Before you can install and use Georgetown AnyConnect, you will need the following:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) (Note: If you’re not sure which Windows operating system you have, you can find out by selecting Settings > System > About.)
- Internet connection
- Most recent Windows critical updates
- Latest virus definitions (check with your antivirus program for details)
- Administrator account (You must be an administrator [have an administrator account] on your computer in order to install Georgetown AnyConnect. If you don’t have an administrator account, or if you’re not sure whether you have one, contact your Account Manager or department administrator for assistance.)
Downloading and Installing AnyConnect
- Go to guvpn.georgetown.edu.
- At the login prompt, enter your NetID in the USERNAME field, enter your NetID password in the PASSWORD field, enter push in the 2nd Password field, and then click Login. (Note: In the example below, “jh123” is entered as the NetID.)
(Important: Make sure you have your mobile device with you to approve the Duo authentication notification.)
- Click AnyConnect, located on the left-hand side of the window.
- Click Start AnyConnect.
- In the next window, click the Download for Windows button.
- Save the installer file, anyconnect-win-4.9.04053-core-vpn-webdeploy-k9 (the file name might differ depending on the current version available), to your Downloads folder.
- Open Windows Explorer, go to your Downloads folder, and then open the installer file by double-clicking on its file listing.
- In the install welcome window, click Next.
- In the next window, accept the license agreement and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- If the following security window is displayed, click Yes.
The installation process begins. (Note: The installation may take several moments to complete.)
- Click Finish in the install confirmation window.
Now that you’ve successfully installed the AnyConnect VPN, you can now connect to AnyConnect on your Windows computer.