Connecting to AnyConnect VPN (Windows)
- If you experience any network connectivity problems with other applications after you connect to Georgetown AnyConnect, just restart the applications.
- All Georgetown VPN users must set up Georgetown’s Duo two-factor authentication service in order to connect to the VPN.
- Open Georgetown AnyConnect by double-clicking on the program icon (shortcut) on your Desktop, or selecting the program from the Start menu.
- In the following window, click Connect. (Note: The first time you use the VPN, you’ll see guvpn.georgetown.edu displayed; each time you use the VPN after that, you should see Georgetown VPN displayed, as shown in the example screens below.)
- In the login window, perform the following:
- Make sure Duo-two-factor is selected from the Group drop-down list.
- In the Username field, enter your NetID if not already filled in.
- In the Password field, enter your NetID password.
- In the Second Password field, enter either push (Duo will send a push notification to your mobile device) or a passcode that you can generate from the Duo Mobile app. Note: This will work only if you’ve installed the Duo mobile app on your mobile device.
- Click OK.
When you’re connected to the VPN, you’ll see the following confirmation message at the bottom right-hand corner of your computer:
- You can also verify that you’re connected to the VPN by looking for an icon in your system tray (lower right-hand corner of your Windows desktop). To view the icon, just click on the up-pointing arrow in your system tray. The icon should appear with a padlock that appears “locked”, as shown below.