Connecting to AnyConnect VPN (Windows)
- If you experience any network connectivity problems with other applications after you connect to Georgetown AnyConnect, just restart the applications.
- All Georgetown VPN users are required to enroll in Georgetown Duo in order to connect to the VPN.
- Open Georgetown AnyConnect by double-clicking on the program icon (shortcut) on your Desktop, or selecting the program from the Start menu.
- In the following window, click Connect.
- In the login window, perform the following:
- Make sure Duo-two-factor is selected from the Group drop-down list.
- In the Username field, enter your NetID if not already filled in.
- In the Password field, enter your NetID password.
- In the Second Password field, enter either of the following Duo authentication methods:
- push (Duo will send a push notification to your mobile device) Note: This will work only if you’ve installed the Duo mobile app on your mobile device.
- A bypass code, which is either the number generated by the Duo mobile app or the last nine digits of the CARD number on your GOCard (not UID). Duo will automatically approve your authentication.
- Click OK.
When you’re connected to the VPN, you’ll see the following confirmation message at the bottom right-hand corner of your computer:You can also verify that you’re connected to the VPN by looking for an icon in your system tray (lower right-hand corner of your Windows desktop). To view the icon, just click on the up-pointing arrow in your system tray. The icon should appear with a padlock that appears “locked”, as shown here: