Connecting to AnyConnect (Mac)
Note: If you experience any network connectivity problems with other applications after you connect to Georgetown AnyConnect, just restart the applications.
- Open Georgetown AnyConnect by clicking on the program icon in the Dock, or by double-clicking the program listing from the Applications folder in the Finder.
- Click Connect.
- In the login window, perform the following:
- Make sure Group is set to Duo-two-factor.
- In the Username field, enter your NetID and NetID password. (Note: Your NetID may already be entered, so you may only need to enter your password.) In the example below, “jh123” is entered as the NetID.
- In the Password field, enter your NetID password.
- In the Second Password field, enter either of the following as your Duo authentication method:
- push (Duo will send a push notification to your mobile device) Note: This will work only if you’ve installed the Duo mobile app on your mobile device.
- phone (Duo will call the number you set when setting up Duo. The call from Duo will originate from 202-687-4949, and a voice recording will prompt you to tap the star [*] key to log in.)
- Last 9 digits of the CARD field located on your GOCard. (Duo will automatically approve your authentication.)
- Click OK.
The following will be displayed briefly while Georgetown AnyConnect is establishing the VPN connection.
- Verify that you’re connected to the VPN by looking for an icon in the upper right-hand corner of your desktop, similar to the one shown on the far left-hand side of the image below. The icon should appear with a padlock that appears locked.