Logging in to GU Applications with Duo Using a Bypass Code
If you have forgotten your phone (or if you prefer not receiving notifications on your phone), you can use a bypass code to log in to Georgetown services; having your iPhone or Android phone is not required.
Below are the options for logging in using a bypass code.
- This option is available only for Georgetown Web sites (e.g., Google Apps, GU360, GMS) that use the Georgetown standard login screen.
- If you have a GOCard, the Georgetown Service Center can provide you with a bypass code for emergency use by contacting email@example.com.
To log in to GU services that use the standard GU login screen, perform the following:
- Open the application that you want to log in to.
- At the login prompt, enter your NetID and NetID password, and then click Sign in. (Note: The login prompt may vary depending on the application.)
- On the Duo screen, select the option Enter a Passcode.
- In the next Duo screen, enter the passcode, and then click Log In.
Entering a Bypass Code For a ‘Legacy’ Website
Sometimes you may not see the Duo screen on your computer when you log in to Websites that use an older form of login screen. In these situations, you can enter a bypass code in the password field to simplify the login process.
To log in with Duo to GU Websites that use an older login screen, perform the following:
- Go to the application (e.g., GU Event/Space Request System) login page.
- At the login prompt, enter your NetID.
- In the password field, enter your NetID password followed by a comma and then the bypass code. For example, if your password is Giraffe1789 and the bypass code is 555123456, you would enter Giraffe1789,555123456 in the password field.