New Student Technology Resources
Welcome to Georgetown University! A wealth of technology resources and services are available to you. University Information Services (UIS) is here to help! For technology services common to students, faculty, and staff, visit the New to Georgetown page.
- Need Tech Support? Contact the 24/7 Service Center by going to help.georgetown.edu. You can also visit one of the UIS walk-up Service Desks, located in the Leavey Center bookstore and the 3rd floor of Lauinger Library.
- Create a Permanent NetID Password: Before your temporary NetID password expires, log into password.georgetown.edu to change your password.
- Get Connected to WiFi: Learn more about available wifi connectivity across campus.
- Computer Labs and Public Printing: Learn about GU computer labs and printing options.
- Manage Your Student Records: Use myaccess.georgetown.edu to manage your student and financial records and register for classes. Click here for help with MyAccess.
- View Your Course Materials Online: Sign in to Canvas to access course material, online assignments and exams, communicate with your professors and check your grades.
- View the List of Student Events on Campus: Browse the list of by going to guevents.georgetown.edu or click on the Events icon in the Georgetown Mobile app.
- Get that Computer at a Discount: Purchase a desktop or laptop computer from the Georgetown online Dell store or online Apple store. The Leavey Center bookstore offers educational discounts on many of the latest Apple computers.
- Obtain Software: Learn how you can obtain or purchase many commonly-used programs for free or at significantly discounted prices.
- Georgetown Mobile: Download Georgetown’s Mobile App to:
- Use NextGUTS to track GUTS buses (GU’s free shuttle buses) in real time to get accurate arrival times at a location near you.
- See where you can get a bite to eat in the Dining section. Check out what is on the menu at Leo’s, Bulldog Tavern, the Faculty Club and Epicurean.
- Keep up to date with important events with This Week @ Georgetown.
- Get HOYAlerts, Georgetown’s notification system used to send campus-wide alerts during emergency incidents or events, such as inclement weather.
- Quickly access emergency information, and download LiveSafe (GU’s safety app).
- Technology in Your Residence Hall:
- Learn Sign up for cable TV service or phone service.
- Learn more about wifi and wired internet access available in residence halls. (Note: Wireless routers are not allowed in residence hall student rooms. Wireless is available across campus.)
- Securing your Data and Devices: Securing your data and devices is critical to protecting your online identity. UIS’s security team offers free anti-virus and anti-malware software and tips for enabling automatic updates for your system. Make sure to keep your residence locked, register your computer with GUPD, and never leave your devices unattended in public places.
We also strongly encourage you to sign up for Georgetown Duo two-factor authentication, which provides an extra level of security for your GU password and data (student employees are required to sign up for Duo).