UIS offers centrally-managed database hosting and manage your database. UIS will provide backup (daily), restoral, and application/database updates installation services. UIS can also host/manage the application that generates your data. All server, hardware equipment and databases hosted by UIS will be located in one of UIS's secure data centers.
UIS Managed Database Hosting includes some of the following services:
- Consultations with UIS to set up hosting for your database project based on your needs. UIS will work with you to determine your project needs based on the constraints of your project and industry standards and best practices
- Order and set up all necessary hardware
- Install and set up hardware and your database in our (primary) data center
- Oracle, MYSQL, or Microsoft SQL Server hosting available
- Highest level of protection for sensitive/personal data (HIPPA, FERPA, and GLBA) per University security and privacy policies.
- Security review (especially if your database contains personal/sensitive data)
- Daily backups of your data
- Extract data to other sources (i.e., spreadsheet, MS Access) if needed
- Full access to your database (restricted access available for designated persons)
- Network monitoring by 24x7 operators and on-call network administrators
- Comprehensive Backup and recovery services that includes backup software configuration, tape management and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Preventative maintenance by applying software patches and periodic updates release by the software vendor.
The following databases are supported:
- Oracle (10g or higher)
- Microsoft SQL Server (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher)
Requesting Database Hosting
To sign up for the service, just complete the UIS Managed Services Questionnaire. Once we receive your completed questionnaire, UIS will set up a consultation with you to develop the right database hosting solution to fit your needs and requirements.
Database Hosting Monthly Rates (Through Current Fiscal Year)
|Service||One-Time-Fee||Annual Rate||Monthy Rate|
|Oracle Maintenance and Upkeep (per GB)||$39.02||$3.26|
|Microsoft SQL Server||$0|
|Microsoft SQL Maintenance and Upkeep (per 100MB)||$1.04||$0.09|
Click here for a listing of prices for other UIS managed services, which includes any one-time setup fees.
For More Information
If you have any questions about the Managed Database Hosting service, please write to email@example.com and your Account Manager will reach out to you for assistance.