Note: All the images in the steps in this procedure are in Windows 7, but the installation procedure is the same for all versions of Windows.
Before You Begin
Before you can install and use Georgetown SafeConnect, you will need the following:
- Windows, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 / 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) (Note: If you're not sure which Windows operating system you have, you can find this out by opening the Control Panel and clicking on System.)
- Internet connection
- Most recent Windows critical updates
- Latest virus definitions (check with your antivirus program for details)
- Administrator account (You must be an administrator [have an administrator account] on your computer in order to install Georgetown SafeConnect. If you don't have an administrator account, or if you're not sure whether you have one, contact your DTR or department administrator for assistance.)
Downloading and Installing Georgetown SafeConnect
- Click on https://georgetown.app.box.com/VPN. (Note: You might be prompted to log in to your Box account.)
- In the Save As window, save the installer file, Windows-anyconnect-3.1.04059.msi, to your Desktop.
- Click on the down-pointing arrow next to the installer file listing at the bottom of your screen, and then select Show in folder from the drop-down menu.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click on the file listing for anyconnect-win-3.1.04059-pre-deploy-k9.msi.
- In the Security Warning window, click Run.
- In the installer welcome window, click Next.
- In the End-User License Agreement window, select the option I accept the terms in the License Agreement, and then click Next.
- In the next window, click Install to start the installation process. (Note: The installation may take several minutes to complete.)
- You should see a window showing the progress of the installation:
- In the installation completion confirmation window, click Finish.
- Click on the Windows Start button to view the listing for the Georgetown VPN client. The listing will appear as Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, as shown below.
- If you don't see the VPN client listed, type any in the search box at the bottom of the Start menu. The listing for the VPN client should appear automatically in the Start menu as you type, as shown below. (Note: For Windows XP, click Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.)
- Click and drag the listing to your Desktop to create a shortcut to SafeConnect.
- The shortcut appears as follows:
- You have now successfully installed SafeConnect and added a shortcut icon to your Windows Desktop. You will now be able to connect to the Georgetown VPN.