Before You Begin
Before you can install and use the Georgetown VPN (Virtual Private Network), you will need the following:
- Intel-based Mac (Mac OS X 10.6 or higher)
- Internet connection
- Most recent Mac OS critical updates
- Latest virus definitions (check with your antivirus program for details)
Downloading and Installing Georgetown SafeConnect
- Click https://georgetown.app.box.com/VPN. (Note: You might be prompted to log in to your Box account.) The installer file, Macintosh-anyconnect-3.1.10010-k9.dmg, will be downloaded automatically to your computer.
- Click on the down-pointing arrow next to the installer file listing at the bottom of your screen, and then select Show in Finder from the drop-down menu.
- In the Finder window, double-click the AnyConnect.pkg icon.
- In the installer welcome window, click Continue.
- In the Software License Agreement window, click Continue.
- In the next window, click Agree.
- Click Continue in the next window.
- Click Install in the next window.
- In the next window, enter your Mac computer password (NOT your NetID password), and then click Install Software to start the installation process.
- Click Close in the installation confirmation window.
- If you want to add a program shortcut to the Dock, perform the following:
- In the Finder, navigate to the listing for the Georgetown VPN (in the Applications folder). The listing appears as Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Drag the listing to the Dock to create the shortcut.
- You have now successfully installed the Georgetown AnyConnect VPN client. You will now be able to connect to the Georgetown VPN.