This page lists technology-related resources for Main Campus and Medical Center faculty members. Click here for technology resources specific to Medical Center faculty members.
- How Do I ...
- Tools for Teaching Remotely
- Login Pages
- Training Workshops
- Other Resources
- Getting Help
Use Online Teaching Tools
- Use the Canvas learning management system?
- Publish my course to students in Canvas?
- Make my course site available to students in Blackboard?
- Record my lectures?
- Get help with developing content for my course site?
- Start a Web conference with my students?
- View current class schedules?
Connect to the Internet and GU Services
- Connect to SaxaNet? (Georgetown's wireless network)
- Install and connect to the Georgetown VPN? (the GU VPN [Virtual Private Network] enables you to access virtual servers and EFS storage)
- Change my NetID password?
Collaborate with Colleagues
Manage Academic Profile and Publications
- Manage my faculty profile?
- View publications by other faculty?
- Request assistance with my faculty profile in GUFaculty360? (To request assistance, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Request to have a delegate in my department work on my faculty profile? (To request a delegate, send email to email@example.com.)
Order GU Services, Hardware, and Software
- Purchase software?
- Get a new computer?
- Order phone service?
- Order voicemail for my office?
- Order a mobile device?
- Panopto (Lecture Capture software used for recording and publishing lectures to Canvas or Blackboard)
- Zoom (Web Conferencing tool that enables you to remotely hold meetings with students and colleagues. Participants can connect with a desktop or laptop computer, or with an iOS or Android mobile device.)
Instructional Continuity Tools (List of online teaching tools to connect with students and continue coursework when campus is closed)
- Technology Policies and Procedures (Acceptable Use Policy, copyright policy, working with sensitive information, and more)
- Tips for Traveling Securely
- Protecting Yourself Against Phishing Attacks
- Data Classification Chart and Examples
- Safe Computing Checklist
- Types of Data You Can Store in Box
- Lombardi Cancer Center Policy on Protection of Research Data
- Installing and Using the Georgetown VPN (You'll need the Georgetown VPN to access virtual servers and EFS storage.)
- Georgetown Duo (Georgetown's two-factor authentication service)
- LastPass (secure password manager that remembers your online account passwords)
Complete a Data Security Plan (You need to complete this plan if you're required to document data handling for a project or program.)
- Canvas (web-based Learning Management System)
- Blackboard (web-based Learning Management System)
- Georgetown Box (document sharing and storage service---HIPAA- and FERPA-compliant)
- GUFaculty360 (GU news, faculty profiles and publications, academic class schedules, and more)
- Georgetown Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Chat, etc.)
- Georgetown Room/Space Request System (request to reserve a university room or space for many types of events)
- Georgetown Management System-GMS (enables you to view your personal profile, salary details, and paystubs)
- CNDLS Workshops (workshops for faculty and graduate students on a range of topics related to teaching and technology)
- UIS Technology Workshops (links to training workshops offered by UIS and around Georgetown)
- GUFaculty360 Training (learn how to upload your CV, add your personal website information, publications and more)
- CETS (training sessions on how to use technology in your classroom)
- Canvas (taught by UIS)
- Training Resources (Office of Regulatory Affairs)
- Georgetown E-mail and Calendar
- Purchasing Computers and Software
- Request a Room/Space
- UIS Web Services
Resources to help you find out more about a service, or get help for an urgent computing-related problem.
- Georgetown Service Center (Georgetown's help desk available 24/7/365. Contact the Service Center at help.georgetown.edu.)
- UIS Walk-up Service Desks (student-staffed walk-up technology help center. Obtain help with your laptop and other technology assistance. Two locations----Leavey Center bookstore and Lauinger Library, 3rd floor.)
- UIS and Other Georgetown Help Desks Hours Contact Info
- Course Web site development help (CNDLS)
- Canvas FAQs
- Blackboard Support Web Pages (FAQs, tutorials, videos)
- CETS (for emergencies with classroom technology)