This page lists technology-related resources for Main Campus and Medical Center faculty members. Click here for technology resources specific to Medical Center faculty members.
- How Do I ...
- Tools for Teaching Remotely
- Login Pages
- Training Workshops
- Other Resources
- Getting Help
Make my course site available to my students? (Blackboard)
Publish a course? (Canvas)
Record my lectures?
Get help with developing content for my course site?
Start a Web conference with my students?
View Georgetown technology policies?
View current class schedules?
View publications by other faculty?
Share a Blackboard Collaborate recording with my students?
Manage my faculty profile?
Share documents with colleagues? (using GU Box, the university's cloud storage tool)
Get a new computer?
Order phone service and order voicemail for my office?
Order a mobile device?
View AT&T or Verizon international travel and calling plans?
Change my NetID password?
Connect to SaxaNet? (Georgetown's wireless network)
Install and connect to the Georgetown VPN? (the GU VPN [Virtual Private Network] enables you to access virtual servers and EFS storage)
Complete a Data Security Plan? (You need to complete this plan if you're required to document data handling for a project or program.)
Use the Canvas learning management system?
Request assistance with my faculty profile in GUFaculty360? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request to have a delegate in my department work on my faculty profile? Send an email to email@example.com granting your delegate permission to edit your information.
- Echo 360 (record and share lectures)
- List of More Remote Teaching Tools (from the Educational Technologies Group)
- Zoom (Web-based tool that enables you to remotely hold meetings with students and colleagues. Participants can connect with a desktop or laptop computer, or with an iOS or Android mobile device.)
- Technology Policies and Procedures (Acceptable Use Policy, copyright policy, working with sensitive information, and more)
- Tips for Traveling Securely
- Protecting Yourself Against Phishing Attacks
- Data Classification Chart and Examples
- Safe Computing Checklist
- Types of Data You Can Store in Box
- Lombardi Cancer Center Policy on Protection of Research Data
- Installing and Using the Georgetown VPN (You'll need the Georgetown VPN to access virtual servers and EFS storage.)
- Georgetown Duo (Georgetown's two-factor authentication service)
- Blackboard (Web-based course creation and management system)
- Canvas (Web-based course creation and management system---alternative to Blackboard)
- Georgetown Box (document sharing and storage service---HIPAA- and FERPA-compliant)
- GUFaculty360 (GU news, faculty profiles and publications, academic class schedules, and more)
- Georgetown Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Chat, etc.)
- Georgetown Room/Space Request System (request to reserve a university room or space for many types of events)
- Georgetown Management System-GMS (enables you to view your personal profile, salary details, and paystubs)
- CNDLS Workshops (workshops for faculty and graduate students on a range of topics related to teaching and technology)
- UIS Technology Workshops (links to training workshops offered by UIS and around Georgetown)
- GUFaculty360 Training (learn how to upload your CV, add your personal website information, publications and more)
- CETS (training sessions on how to use technology in your classroom)
- Canvas (taught by UIS)
- Echo 360 Lecture Capture (link to the UIS training classes schedule that includes Echo 360 training workshops)
- Training Resources (Office of Regulatory Affairs)
- Georgetown E-mail and Calendar
- Purchasing Computers and Software
- Request a Room/Space
- UIS Web Services
Resources to help you find out more about a service, or get help for an urgent computing-related problem.
- Georgetown Service Center (Georgetown's help desk available 24/7. Contact the Service Center at help @ georgetown.edu or 202-687-4949.)
- UIS Walk-in Service Desks (Student-staffed walk-in center. Obtain help with your laptop and other technology assistance. Two locations----Leavey Center bookstore; Lauinger Library, 3rd floor next to the reference desk.)
- UIS and Other Georgetown Help Desks Hours Contact Info
- Course Web site development help (CNDLS)
- Blackboard Support Web Pages (FAQs, tutorials, videos)
- CETS (for emergencies with classroom technology)