Echo360 has changed!
Please visit the new support site here: echo360.georgetown.edu
In August 2017, University Information Services (UIS) upgraded the university’s lecture capture service to a new version: Echo360 Cloud.
The upgrade includes ending support of our current version of Echo360.
Lecture Capture with Echo360 allows voice recording along with what is displayed on a computer screen and/or a webcam. Once the recording is published, students can view the recording via links posted to Blackboard.
Faculty who are currently teaching automatically receive an Echo360 account. Non-teaching faculty or staff who need an Echo360 account can request one by emailing email@example.com or calling 202-687-4949.
Questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUICK START GUIDE
- Download your Echo360 recording from the Echo System Server (ESS)
- Managing your Echo360 recordings on the Echo System Server (ESS)
- Edit a recording using Personal Capture (PCAP)
- Edit a recording using the Echo System Server (ESS)
- Importing Media into Echo System Server (ESS)
- Delete a recording using the Echo System Server (ESS)
- Make a recording unavailable using the Echo System Server (ESS)
- Copy a recording to another Course (ESS)
- Embedding a Video from the Echo System Server (ESS) into Blackboard
- Echo360 Collaboration Features
- Accessing the raw recording files (PCAP)
To make recordings with a university classroom computer, please notify the appropriate AV organization one week in advance:
- Main Campus: Contact CETS at 202-687-7491 or email@example.com
- Medical Center: Contact TESS at firstname.lastname@example.org
- McDonough School of Business: Contact the MSB Tech Center at 202-687-4721 or email@example.com
- School of Continuing Studies (SCS): Contact AV Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law Campus: Contact the AV Department at 202-662-9284 or email@example.com