Instructions for Inviting Visitors to Campus
Faculty and staff who are approved to work on campus should follow the instructions below to invite visitors to university buildings. Faculty and staff only should invite visitors who need to be on campus for essential University business.
Faculty and staff hosts are responsible for ensuring their visitors follow all University health and safety measures, including those contained in the Georgetown University Visitor Agreement, while they are on campus.
Instructions for Inviting Visitors
- Go to https://account.tractionguest.com and enter your firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- You will then be taken to DUO for SSO sign in.
- Because you are the person inviting a visitor to campus, you are considered a “host” in Traction Guest.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, click “Invite a Guest.”
- On the pop-up screen, there is a drop-down menu that lists the locations/buildings accessible by visitors.
- Select the location that your visitor will be coming to. (Note: only ONE location can be selected at a time. If the visitor needs to access more than one location/building, a separate invitation will need to be sent.)
- Enter the following information about your visitor (these fields must be completed):
- Guest Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Start Date (What date will the visitor be arriving on campus)
- Start Time (What time will be the visitor be arriving on campus)
Note: End date and time are not required fields. However, visitors are not permitted to have an invitation that extends beyond one day. The QR code is only valid for one use. You will need to create a new invitation if the same visitor is visiting campus on a different day.
- Click Save if this is the only visitor invitation being created OR
- Click Save and New to set up invites for additional visitors.
- Please let your visitor(s) know that a “COVID-19 Health Attestation” will be emailed to them on the day of their visit, which they are required to complete prior to visiting campus. A QR Code will be emailed to them after they complete the COVID-19 Health Attestation, which they will need to use to check-in with the public health screener stationed at the building noted in their invitation. Visitors can show their QR code on their mobile device or print a copy of it before they arrive on campus.
What Visitors Should Expect
Invited visitor(s) will receive an email immediately upon being invited by their faculty or staff host. This confirmation email should be read carefully by each visitor before arriving on campus.
Day of Visit to Georgetown University
Visitors will receive a “COVID-19 Health Attestation” the day of their scheduled visit to campus. They must complete the COVID-19 Health Attestation in order to receive the QR Code they are required to use to enter university buildings.
Following the link to the form, the visitors are asked a series of questions regarding their vaccination and health status. If the visitor had any Covid related symptoms, they will be denied a QR code and, therefore, will not be permitted to enter university buildings.
If the visitor answers vaccinated and no symptoms, they will be asked to sign the Georgetown University Visitor Agreement.
After completing the COVID-19 Health Attestation and signing the Georgetown University Visitor Agreement, visitor(s) will receive a confirmation email, which will include confirmation of their visit details, their QR code, and instructions for using their QR code when they check-in at the university building they will be visiting.
Upon arrival to campus, the public health screener at the entrance of the building they are visiting will scan your visitor’s QR code and take their temperature using a no-contact thermometer. (NOTE: their one-time-use QR code is tied to the location they registered for, and will NOT work at any other location). If their QR code is valid, their temperature is below 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, and they are wearing a face covering, the visitor will be permitted to enter the building.
Once your visitor has successfully checked in, you will receive an email notification of your visitor’s arrival:
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the University Helpline between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET Monday to Friday at 202-784-3510.