Performing the COVID-19 Daily Check-in
The purpose of the daily COVID-19 check-in is to find out if you exhibit any possible symptoms of the coronavirus, and to determine the state of your health that day and your level of risk of infection.
Be sure to perform this check-in before you come to campus, even if you are feeling ok. The check-in process takes only a few moments to complete.
After you complete the check-in, you will receive a “status badge” on the app. You must show this badge if you come to campus.
- Log in to the One Medical mobile app.
- Tap COVID-19 Daily Check-in.
- You will be asked a few questions regarding your current health, such as current symptoms, recent travel, and exposure to COVID-19. Answer each question truthfully.
After you complete the questions, you will receive a message from the One Medical app, similar to the one shown below, outlining your risk based on your answers. (Note: Your risk message may differ from the one shown below, depending on your answers.)
- To view your status badge, tap on the icon at the top right of your screen showing three horizontal lines, tap Messages from the drop-down list, and then tap on the message listing. (You will also receive an email notification with a link to the message if you want to view the message from your email.)
Note: You can always view past status messages by tapping Messages at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on the link at the bottom of the message to view your status badge.
Your status badge will look similar to either of the following example badges:
If your badge is green or blue, you will be allowed to come to campus. If your badge is red, follow the instructions on your badge for next steps. You can review the university’s health information if you’re feeling sick.