Consultation and Grant Support
Technology Consultation for Projects, Grants, and Contracts
NEW SERVICE: Let us help you design and budget a data management plan using Cloud (AWS) services:
- Components of a Data Management Plan
- Identify data types from project and how they will be disseminated.
- URL = lab website
- URL= data records website
- Data type
- Where Deposited
- By Whom
- Sharing of Results and Management of Intellectual Property
- IP issues (restrictions) related to the use of any of the materials.
- Distribution of resources requiring protection of Intellectual Property
- Making the public aware of new resources
The first step in preparing a grant is to contact the Sponsored Programs Departments for either the Main Campus or the Medical Center. If a research proposal includes information technology, then the next step could be to contact UIS’ Research Technologies group to set-up a consultation so we can provide the technical specifications and budgets for your proposal. The attention to accurately describing technology components of research projects improves chances for a competitive grant score, and will demonstrate that the university’s best IT practices and institutional security safeguards are embedded in the grant proposal.
We will also help you connect with the University Information Security Office for help preparing a data security plan for your project, and proposal.
In addition, Georgetown University contracts research and advisory services from the Gartner Group. These services include analysis published by Gartner in research areas such as Application Development and Management Strategies, Enterprise Network Strategies, Health Care Technologies, and Integrated Document and Output Management among others. Information and login here.