As a consortium student at Georgetown, you may need to access Canvas in order to fully participate in your coursework. To establish your access to Canvas, you will need the following:
1. As soon as your registration is processed at Georgetown, you will receive a very important email from Georgetown's consortium coordinator, in which you will be informed of your:
- NetID and NetID Password
If you are missing this information, you can send an email to email@example.com and ask for it OR you can search for your GU NetID by searching for your name in the public online directory from any computer on campus: http://contact.georgetown.edu. Please note that you can only see the actual NetID from an on-campus computer.
2. Change your password: Once you have your NetID, you must reset your temporary password (which will be provided to you by the consortium coordinator). You may reset your password on UIS’s website: https://password.georgetown.edu/
3. Set your email routing: After resetting your password, you will need to set up your email routing to your home school’s email account. The following link is very helpful in setting up email forwarding from a Gmail account to another account: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en
Once step 3 is completed, you will be able to access Canvas on the following business morning or after 48 hours.
NOTE: Please see the following link regarding how to identify if your professor is utilizing Canvas or Blackboard:
What steps do consortium students generally take in order to enroll at Georgetown?
- Students work with their home institution's consortium coordinator, who submits the registration paperwork to Georgetown. Please click here for more details.
How can prospective consortium students check on the status of their registration at Georgetown?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of your regisrtration.
What is the expected turnaround time from start to finish?
- Typically, registration processing for consortium students at Georgetown does not start until the first day of class for Fall and Spring terms (for example, even if a Fall or Spring registration request is received several weeks or several months in advance, it will not get processed until late August or early September for Fall and early January for Spring, during the Add/Drop period). For Summer, registrations may be processed sooner.