THE FOLLOWING COURSE SITE AND FILE SIZE LIIMITS APPLY IN CANVAS:
- COURSE SITE: The default quota size for a Canvas course site is 10 gigabytes (GB).
- FILE: The default size limit for an individual file to be uploaded to Canvas is 2 gigabytes (GB).
- USER: The default size limit for an individual user (in their "Files" area specifically) is 50 megabytes (MB).
- GROUP: The default size limit for a Group is 50 megabytes (MB).
- IMPORTING CONTENT: Course Import Size limit is 5 gigabytes (GB). Larger files will fail on import and will need to be imported in multiple imports.
- When you attempt to upload a file that will push the course over its limit, you will receive an error message indicating that the file exceeds the file quota.
- The course instructor can add up to the file quota for each course.
- User and Group quotas are not linked to course quotas or to each other.
- Users with faculty or admin role still have the same personal file quota as any other role.
- If a student adds a file to a group site, it will only count towards the group's quota.
- Attachments to an ungraded group discussion will only count towards the student's quota.
- Submissions/Attachments to graded assignments/discussions will count towards the user's personal Files quota:
- Please see the following link for additional information: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10565