Georgetown uses Localist as its platform for departmental calendars. You can access this calendar system at https://guevents.georgetown.edu. Below you will find various topics on how to use this system and how to also use it on your Web site.
For a complete guide to adding and managing events in the Localist.com system, please read the Events Calendar User Guide.
- Requesting an Account
- Creating/Tagging Events
- Adding a Calendar Feed to Your Website
- Additional Resources
- Go to https://guevents.georgetown.edu.
- Click the “Log In” link near the top left corner of the screen.
3. Enter your NetID and password.
4. Anyone may submit events to the university calendar at guevents.georgetown.edu. Event managers requiring administrative access to the university calendar should request access via this Google Form. Administrative access allows a user to submit events for their designated department/office without requiring approval before being posted to the events page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about calendar access or event submissions.
- Once logged in to Localist as an admin, click the “Admin” link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- This will lead you to the Admin Dashboard. On the left side of the screen, hover click the “Events” tab and select “Add Event”
- Fill out the Event form accordingly. If you later choose to add a feed to your site from Localist (next section), the “Name,” “Start Date,” and “Event Place” fields will appear for each event.
- Click “Save Changes” to create the event.
If you are not an Admin, you are still able to submit an event but will need to wait for approval from the department.
- To submit an event, first log in. Once you are logged in, click “Submit an Event”.
- This will lead you to a page where you can fill out the event information and tag your event.
Note: To add this event to your department’s calendar, we will need to tag it. This is done in the “Department” dropdown about halfway down the form. If you do not tag this event as your Department’s, it will not appear in your calendar.
- Click “Add Event” when finished.
Adding a Calendar Feed to your Website
The events block allows editors to pull in Localist Event Calendars onto their website.
To add a calendar, add an events block on your page.
The block will open with a field for the Events block title heading level, Events Block Title and the Localist Calendar ID. To find the localist Calendar ID, go to the page on the University calendar where the calendar exists.
The Calendar ID is the five-number code at the end of the URL. For example, the ID for the student event page is 83233.
After customizing the heading level and block title, entering the localist ID numbers into the field, and publishing the page the calendar will appear on the webpage.
For additional documentation from Localist, visit this page.