Georgetown has recently switched to Localist as its platform for departmental calendars. You can access this calendar system at https://guevents.georgetown.edu. Below you will find various topics on how to use this system and how to also use it on your Web site.
For a complete guide to adding and managing events in the Localist.com system, please read the Events Calendar User Guide.
- Requesting an Account
- Creating/Tagging Events
- Adding a Calendar Feed to Your Website
- Additional Resources
- Go to https://guevents.georgetown.edu.
- Click “Login” link near top right corner of screen.
3. Enter your NetID and password.
4. Anyone may submit events to the university calendar at guevents.georgetown.edu. Event managers requiring administrative access to the university calendar should request access via this Google Form. Administrative access allows a user to submit events for their designated department/office without requiring approval before being posted to the events page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about calendar access or event submissions.
- Once logged in to Localist, click the “Admin” link in the spot where “Login” was previously located (i.e. the top right corner of the screen).
- In the top right corner of the screen, hover over the “Events” tab and select “+Add Events.”
3. Fill out the Event form accordingly. If you later choose to add a feed to your site from Localist (next section), the “Name,” “Start Date,” and “Event Place” fields will appear for each event.
ºTo add this event to your department’s calendar, we will need to tag it. This is done in the “Department” dropdown about halfway down the form. If you do not tag this event as your Department’s, it will not appear in your calendar.
4. Click “Save Changes” to create the event.
Note: This section only applies to websites in Drupal. If your site is in Fatwire, please send an email to email@example.com with your Department name in Localist and someone will set up your calendar feed for you.
- The first thing you will need is your Calendar ID, which will be used in a few steps when we input your feed settings/URLs. To find this, log in to Localist at https://guevents.georgetown.edu/, and find your department under the “Departments” section on the right side of the screen. Click your department.
2. Now, look in the URL bar of your browser. Your Department ID will be the five-digit number at the end of this URL. Write this number down or save it in a text editor.
3. Log into your Drupal site.
4. Find the page to which you’d like to add a calendar and edit it.
5. In either the right or left callout field (under the Additional Content Areas tab) or in the primary or secondary body field (under the Main Content Area tab), click the Source button in the editor toolbar. Copy and paste the following code:
<h2>Upcoming <a href="https://guevents.georgetown.edu/calendar/month/?event_types=DEPT-ID">Events</a></h2>
<div class="module_more_link"><a href=" https://guevents.georgetown.edu/calendar/month/?event_types=DEPT-ID ">More</a></div>
6. Finally, take your Department ID number found in Step 2 and replace DEPT-ID with this number in each of the settings above.
7. Publish and save the page.
For additional documentation from Localist, visit this page.